Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 17, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #14,911 of 18,459

They are both very comfortable...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #14,912 of 18,459
I never found them heavy, and my last pair of headphones was a K 702 (which is very light).

But then again, the extent of my manliness borders on the ridiculous... 
beerchug.gif

For people on the fence: they are (and feel) substantial, but I wouldn't call them heavy.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #14,913 of 18,459

Quote:
Anybody getting a different impression with these two types using them on vinyl playback versus digital?

I find the V1 at least to be excellent at compensating for the shortcomings of late-pressing rock albums from the US in the 70's, as they are frequently missing the lowest octave completely and end up with a tipped-up FR curve.
Smooth yet dynamic response, forward mid-bass and recessed treble to the rescue
beerchug.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #14,916 of 18,459
Quote:
But which is more comfortable?

I find them both about equally comfortable.  The leather has a smidge more pressure on the head than the foam, but then my foam is broken in and the leather is only a couple of weeks old.  In time, I'm sure it will break-in as much as the foam and even now I can wear the leather headband for hours with no discomfort.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #14,920 of 18,459

Quote:
Should I get the Audeze leather headband or not?  How do current owners feel it changed the aesthetics/comfort?  I've been trying to look through the thread for comments but it is too hard to keep up with lately.

I like it better than the foam. More comfort for me. Less thinking about the foam getting dirty.  Maybe I'm compulsive but I used to use a napkin wrapped around the foam.  I like how the leather sits on my head now also.  

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #14,921 of 18,459
About the weight of the LCD-2's.  

Since I'm 54 and have some arthritis in my neck I do find the weight to be burdensome when my arthritis is active.  Some of you older salty dawgs like myself might find that info helpful.  I find them comfortable otherwise. no problem with clamping and I really like the comfort of the leather headband over the foam. The ear cups are very comfortable also.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #14,922 of 18,459

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #14,923 of 18,459

Quote:
Looks like mine and I got mine in late January.

-HK sends

Quote:
Isn't revision 1 and classic the same deal?

I'm not sure. My original pair had "AUDEZE LCD-2" written on the top and this one has "AUDEZ'E AUDIO RESEARCH LABS LCD-2". Will there be any SQ differences, or pads change? I know they're both either classic or rev1, but not sure which.

Another thing is my original had much thicker pads.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #14,925 of 18,459
I'm not about to read this entire massive thread so owners of this phone, can you describe for me the fit and finish of these units. Do they look and feel like a 1K phone. Lastly how did they arrive, that is, how was the parcel wrapped, in thick cardboard that will stand the delivery process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back