Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #4,008 of 4,796
Does the lightning/cipher cable work for apple music’s lossless tracks?
You can play back any level of hi-res audio with lightning cable, but cable is limited to 24 bit/ 48khz

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #4,009 of 4,796
Hey, I wanted to let the thread know, the new Audeze Reveal update 2.1.0 has been released! Thanks @KMann.

https://www.audeze.com/pages/revealdownload

I'm posting the full release notes below but the key feature for me is that you can now use the Audeze presets after trial. So, you don' need to activate to use the presets.

The release covers Mac, Mac M1, and Win.

If you haven't tried it. Give it a spin, especially using the highest quality linear phase filter.

Release Notes for Reveal+ 2.1.0
  • + Add master volume bi-directional slider in the LU meter
  • + Added LU and RMS meters
  • + LU meter now shows when the limiter is engaging
  • + Added compatibility with M1 machines
  • + Fixed bugs with Audirvana Studio and JRiver 27
  • + New UI for Plugin tutorial. While tutorial is playing, the plugin is blocked/darkened in the
    background
  • + UI changes during Onboarding
  • + Allowing users to login when the Trial is expired
  • + Fix for sandboxed application
built materials?

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #4,010 of 4,796
I was a bit out of the Head-Fi universe for almost 2 years (spent a lot more time and money on other hobbies.. but that's another story), when listening to music.. most of the time I was happily listening to my Hugo 2 - LCD-i4 combo, as this was one of the best (and most transportable..) system I tried. Was really just enjoying listening to music (isn't this hobby all about enjoying music? :) ).
Anyhow, this past week I was checking a bit what is new, and it looks like I still have a TOTL combo. :wink:
Or is there something I missed.. ?

Quick questions for all current/past LCD-i4 owners:
Are Earfins any good?
How does one order just a couple of Earfins? (not the full kit as I have at least 10 Earhooks at home and of course even more Eartips..)

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #4,011 of 4,796
I was a bit out of the Head-Fi universe for almost 2 years (spent a lot more time and money on other hobbies.. but that's another story), when listening to music.. most of the time I was happily listening to my Hugo 2 - LCD-i4 combo, as this was one of the best (and most transportable..) system I tried. Was really just enjoying listening to music (isn't this hobby all about enjoying music? :) ).
Anyhow, this past week I was checking a bit what is new, and it looks like I still have a TOTL combo. :wink:

Are Earfins any good?
How does one order just a couple of Earfins? (not the full kit as I have at least 10 Earhooks at home and of course even more Eartips..)
I could work out how to use the earfins. Call me daft. I'm on my last pair of earhooks, not that they fit at all. But yeah, I've only seen the accessory pack from audeze. Some lad was selling some hooks in this site, not the full accessory kit audeze has though

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #4,012 of 4,796
Hello guys, I know a lot of you have been looking for a Bluetooth option, I have the Audeze Bluetooth module but it's very weak. so I went with this option and it works a lot better than the audeze Bluetooth module,

Now becarefull the 2pin Ikko will not work since the ends are too fat and don't have the U notch on the 2pin end. So you have to get the MMCX, then get the adapter, that will work great.

OEAudio MMCX to 0.78mm 2pin Adapter (Black)

IKKO ARC ITB05 Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver DAC Balanced in-Ear Monitor/Earphone Amplifier,Dual AK4377 Chips(MMCX)

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #4,013 of 4,796

Are Earfins any good?
How does one order just a couple of Earfins? (not the full kit as I have at least 10 Earhooks at home and ofE course even more Eartips..)

-Earfins are a win for me! YMMV
-Euclid is a new closed planar in-ear from Audeze - like everything, it is worth checking out and seeing if it fits your needs.
-Future products from all over. The cumulation of innovation during a pandemic is slowly revealing itself. I think Audeze might have plenty of tricks up their sleeves still.

Also, since you mention Hugo 2.. don't forget to try Reveal with your Hugo 2. It adds even more to the experience!

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #4,014 of 4,796
Anyone stacked these up with 7hz timeless? Just heard about these things and know nothing about them

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #4,015 of 4,796
I had asked in the 7hz Thread but got more or less no answer. I have no expirience with Ch-fi IEM's but i have Doubts that the Sound is on a similar Level compared with LCDi4 i3. Maybe the 7hz is on the same Level like the Isine 10 and 20.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #4,017 of 4,796
Oct 12, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,020 of 4,796
Hey guys, I purchased a chord Hugo 2, based on so many recommendations telling me it is the 'golden pair' with the lcdi4. I'm truly disappointed by the sound quality. It is barely an improvement over the cypher. I just don't understand it. Is it a problem of cable, setting? expectations? I had a questyle QP2R before, and the sound and scene were mindblowing, I hoped the hugo would be even better. Alas...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back