Audeze LCD-X
May 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #4,036 of 12,748
After a couple week break in with my new LCD-x just want to give Audeze a shout out.  If there is a better set of cans out there my 56 year old ears don't need it.  Zero regret for me on this purchase.:gs1000smile:
Life doesn't start until you turn 57.

May 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #4,039 of 12,748

for tubes under $1k, i'm loving the X with my Mad Ear+ HD, and just over $1k, i have the bha-1, which i like more than the soloist, thanks to MH for turning be on to the bryston !

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on the BHA-1 pairing with the LCD-Xs? I just picked up the Xs and have them paired with my Mjolnir, but I don't think they sound as good as I remember when I demo'd the Xs with a BHA-1. I remember them sounding euphoric with the BHA-1. With the Mjolnir, they're very good, but not what I remembered.

I've also recently been looking at the Audio GD NFB-6 so I can switch easily between balanced 4-pin XLR out to my Xs and balanced dual 3-pin preamp out to my desktop monitors. Has anyone heard the Xs with this amp?

Could you elaborate specifically what about the Mj was not quite as synergistic with the X compared to the other amps? Reason asking is I was wondering how well the X does pair with say the Mj/G stack due to the very slight forward tilt of the amp and the slightly less bass capability of the X (according to reading these threads as I have not had the opportunity to audition the X). Kind of leaning towards trying Auralic Taurus MkII /Vega but still would LOVE to audition with the GS-X MkII... The stack I have works exceedingly well with LCD3 but not much info on same with the X? Thanks

May 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #4,040 of 12,748
After a couple week break in with my new LCD-x just want to give Audeze a shout out.  If there is a better set of cans out there my 56 year old ears don't need it.  Zero regret for me on this purchase.
gs1000.gif

+1
Listened to them yesterday after being consumed at work the past few weeks. What a perfect sound.

May 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4,042 of 12,748
Could you elaborate specifically what about the Mj was not quite as synergistic with the X compared to the other amps? Reason asking is I was wondering how well the X does pair with say the Mj/G stack due to the very slight forward tilt of the amp and the slightly less bass capability of the X (according to reading these threads as I have not had the opportunity to audition the X). Kind of leaning towards trying Auralic Taurus MkII /Vega but still would LOVE to audition with the GS-X MkII... The stack I have works exceedingly well with LCD3 but not much info on same with the X? Thanks

for me, the mjo was a little bright to me, where the bryston isn't,it's detailed and resolving without any harshness IMO.
i've never heard the lcd3, but from what i've read, its warmer sounding than the lcd x, so the mjo may be a good match

May 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #4,043 of 12,748
for me, the mjo was a little bright to me, where the bryston isn't,it's detailed and resolving without any harshness IMO.
i've never heard the lcd3, but from what i've read, its warmer sounding than the lcd x, so the mjo may be a good match
I love bryston I think they are so underrated it's unbelievable

May 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,045 of 12,748
Since they removed my post..

LCD3 and LCD-X at 600g (nearly 3 time weight my esp-950) is overpriced and overweight..

hope hifiman and oppo beat audeze to the punch until they come back to their senses and stop selling overprice heavy headphones from their customers.

don't remove my post!! if you do... it's just prove that head-fi is a promo site scam for companies!!

or tons of egoist who just wan't to protect their investment to keep resale value high.

May 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #4,046 of 12,748

LCD3 and LCD-X at 600g (nearly 3 time weight my esp-950) is overpriced and overweight..

hope hifiman and oppo beat audeze to the punch until they come back to their senses and stop selling overprice headphones from their customers.

don't remove my post!! if you do... it's just prove that head-fi is a promo site scam for companies!!

Oh great, you tried all three out then.  What did you find different in the sound?

May 11, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #4,047 of 12,748

hope hifiman and oppo beat audeze to the punch until they come back to their senses and stop selling overprice heavy headphones from their customers.

or tons of egoist who just wan't to protect their investment to keep resale value high.

Well. It is hard to say whether a product is over priced or not.  The price is based on the market itself.  For a crap product even if one jacks up the price it cannot survive.  Looking at LCD-X there are still tons of customers willing to pay for this product.  If it is not good how come it can still survive for such a long time.  Take for another example HD-800 is also not cheap and if you look at the material being used you will also say it is over priced BUT there are also many many people using it.

May 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #4,048 of 12,748

I agree they are heavy but for me not uncomfortable and the sound is best I have heard of any headphone I demoed or own. And the price is a bargain to me. My home speakers retail for $35,000. I own a tonearm cable that costs more than the LCD-X. It's all relative. To me they could have charged $3-5k and not been out of line.

May 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #4,049 of 12,748
To me they could have charged $3-5k and not been out of line.

Shhhhhhhh...don't give them any ideas. With all this Audeze praise on Head-Fi (and beyond) they may get smug. I haven't even heard the LCD-X yet and I know they're gonna blow my LCD-2 R.2 away like a bullet. Amazing headphones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4,050 of 12,748
I agree they are heavy but for me not uncomfortable and the sound is best I have heard of any headphone I demoed or own. And the price is a bargain to me. My home speakers retail for $35,000. I own a tonearm cable that costs more than the LCD-X. It's all relative. To me they could have charged $3-5k and not been out of line.

Plus one on this post.  My speakers cost quite a bit more and don't sound as good.  To each his own I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back