Audeze LCD-X
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #7,143 of 12,748

That makes more sense.  That web site ought to be more forthright about what's for sale.

Yeah they should, however the company appears to have another similar, yet more up to date site where they have more information. Why they have numerous sites however, I don't know.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #7,144 of 12,748
frown.gif
We'll that's disappointing. The sound sig of the pre-fazor LCD sounds more appealing to me. Can we deduce from the serial number if it's pre fazor or fazor?

I liked the pre-fazor model more as well. So a year ago I hunted down a pre-fazored LCD-3 (basically paid full retail for second hand). Nothing will make me part with those HP's. So creamy sounding.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #7,146 of 12,748
Nov 7, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #7,148 of 12,748
Quick question: If I prefer the EL-8O to the LCD 2 due to the EL-8O's better soundstage and less obtrusive bass, should I upgrade to the LCD-X instead of the LCD 3F? I've heard the LCD-X's sound signature is more neutral than that of the LCD 3F, so it seems like a logical conclusion to me.

Nov 7, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #7,149 of 12,748
  Quick question: If I prefer the EL-8O to the LCD 2 due to the EL-8O's better soundstage and less obtrusive bass, should I upgrade to the LCD-X instead of the LCD 3F? I've heard the LCD-X's sound signature is more neutral than that of the LCD 3F, so it seems like a logical conclusion to me.

As always best to listen in your own setup with your own gear if that’s possible. If it’s not, yes the LCD-X has a wider soundstage and less bloomy bass. If it is more neutral? Well maybe, depend on reference point, but not as rich in the mids as the LCD 3 I would say.  

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #7,150 of 12,748
Yes, I'll check whether there's a possibility for me to listen to them both and compare. Thanks for your response! Do you think the O2 and ODAC will drive the LCD-X properly? I'd have to upgrade my amp if I prefer the LCD 3F, so i'm kinda worried... :wink: but the way you describe the difference, i'd quite certainly prefer the LCD X

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #7,151 of 12,748
  Yes, I'll check whether there's a possibility for me to listen to them both and compare. Thanks for your response! Do you think the O2 and ODAC will drive the LCD-X properly? I'd have to upgrade my amp if I prefer the LCD 3F, so i'm kinda worried... :wink: but the way you describe the difference, i'd quite certainly prefer the LCD X

The 02 does a great job with the LCD x

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #7,154 of 12,748
  How do you think the 4's compare to the x's?

I love the LCD-X, before I heard the LCD-4s, they were my particular favourite Audeze headphone (and one of my very favourite headphones period). But the LCD-4s have taken things to a whole new level for Audeze. I've only had about 3 days with them now, but I can tell these are very special headphones! The -4s are  a  bit more relaxed, but more open/spacious and man do they pull details out of a recording!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back