Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 17, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #4,216 of 5,780
The new firmware worked for me after going through technical support. You have to run audeze hq in admin mode to run the update. right click on the icon and a sub tree will open up allowing you to select run in admin mode. I think firmware 1.51 is litter with bugs that causes the headset to stop working.

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #4,217 of 5,780
Well, I was hoping this FW would fix the battery issue I had, but no such luck. I still can't use the headphones unplugged from any kind of power for more than 60 seconds. regardless of what the battery level says, I get "power low" swiftly followed by "power off" 5 seconds later.

Do I need to send them back to be fixed or is there anything else I can try?

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #4,219 of 5,780
@Audeze Before I said my 3D head tracking was not working. I think I needed to restart my PC, the only thing I didn't do yesterday. So it's all fine now!
I would like to confirm that:

The update process is fine as long as you follow steps in the guide. (mic on/off)
All features seams to work.
Tweaked sound profiles are really nice :wink:

Thanks a lot for update and your hard work!

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #4,220 of 5,780
Is there any benefit on usb + aux? or only usb would bring the same results?

And also, is 7.1 a real thing?, Im trying to test it with youtube, and other programs and i dont hear a difference in the right/left variations, they all sound the same. WHat is the purpose of 7.1 channel?

ALso, any games where you would recommend head gestures?, I just noticed that today and seems interesting, but anything besides peaking?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #4,221 of 5,780
Is there any benefit on usb + aux? or only usb would bring the same results?

And also, is 7.1 a real thing?, Im trying to test it with youtube, and other programs and i dont hear a difference in the right/left variations, they all sound the same. WHat is the purpose of 7.1 channel?

You need a 7.1 source to run 7.1, so windows/the headset needs to be set to 7.1 and the media you are playing back needs to be 7.1, otherwise you are just getting expanded stereo.

Movies, Netflix etc with 5.1 or 7.1 will work nicely.

Most games will automatically use 7.1 if windows is set to use 7.1

There is no need to use more than 1 input type at once, so USB us best for connecting to your computer, and also the only way to get 7.1.

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #4,223 of 5,780
Something to note is that to get netflix to play audio at 5.1 you need to use Netflix's actual windows app. It will not stream at 5.1 in your browser. Also windows should automatically recognize it as an 8 channel device.

If I chose 7.1 wiondow recognizes it as 8 channel device, but I dont know how to test they work. I read youtube doesnt work with this, and the videos I've tried, I dont really notice a difference in all the right/left variations? HOw do I make sure that windows is running properly?, and what can of video or app I could use to test it?

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #4,225 of 5,780
It will only recognise it as a 7.1 device if the device is set to surround mode.

There are 3 modes, stereo, high Res, and surround. The instruction manual will show you how to switch between them.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #4,227 of 5,780
It will only recognise it as a 7.1 device if the device is set to surround mode.

There are 3 modes, stereo, high Res, and surround. The instruction manual will show you how to switch between them.
I know how to switch between stereo, high res and 7.1 with my audeze (not sure if thats what you mean), but even at 7.1 I dont see a difference or perceive differences in the left and right variations (like different angles). I dont see the test button either.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #4,228 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back