• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #5,386 of 7,693
Mobius has its own DAC and amp and operates balanced internally.

Yes, I was more concerned about whether or not I could get the Kann to work with the Mobius via USB and needed to use a 2.5mm TRRS but that option is a no go it seems. The problem with the Astell & Kern Kann is that it is not very easy to get the audio out of the USB Micro port for some reason, in fact I have yet to find anything that works with it so my hopes are low that it will work with the Mobius. If anything at least it will be cheap to test it with something from Amazon and then I can figure out where to go from there if it does work in terms of cable length etc. Thanks for the heads up about the USB cable info!

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #5,388 of 7,693
You sure you've tried an OTG adapter?

Yes, I have an Oppo HA-2 DAC/AMP that uses an OTG cable and even when using that cable with the Kann it doesn't work. I am still hopeful that it will work with the Mobius headphones since that will be the only option I have except Bluetooth for travel and if thats the case then these will become gaming only.

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #5,389 of 7,693
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a preference for DAPs with a solid bluetooth chip and a high quality USB-C digital audio out?

I love my Cayin N5ii but it neither handles any BT 4.1 codecs, nor has the USB-C audio out issue been fixed in the firmware yet.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #5,390 of 7,693
I am so stoked out my mind as this gets closer, I can't contain myself.
Its been a LONGGGGGGGG 4 months (I sold my Steel Series back in April I think) and not having a headset really prevented me from playing multiplayer games.
That being said, I was I think number 700 in the Be the Early Bird $249 tier. I'm crossing my fingers that mine was shipped and just hope it arrives before the end of next week.

@Audeze PLEASE PM AND LET ME KNOW IF ORDER#1402 HAS BEEN PREPPED YET. Can you fault me for my excitement?
Doesn't help when MichaelSD posts these gratuitous shots of the Mobius. :L3000:

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #5,391 of 7,693
For all those anxious and impatient to get the mobius, do what I do... get an LCD2 (if you already have one, then listen to it!) and I really care very little about when my mobius will arrive.

Not all of us have the funds available to buy multiple high end headphones :)

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #5,392 of 7,693
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a preference for DAPs with a solid bluetooth chip and a high quality USB-C digital audio out?

I love my Cayin N5ii but it neither handles any BT 4.1 codecs, nor has the USB-C audio out issue been fixed in the firmware yet.

There's been a lot of talk about the Shanling M0 recently, especially considering it's one of few devices outside android phones with LDAC support. And I'm pretty sure it's USB-C as well.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #5,393 of 7,693

Mobius does feel like a next-generation headphone. While the EL-8 feels more premium and luxurious, Mobius feels like an evolution of that design. It’s forward-thinking with USB-C and a chipset that supports Bluetooth 5.0. I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of what Mobius is capable of. PC gamers will be very pleased, especially those who use their PC setup to watch media.

(Figured you guys wanted more pictures :wink:.)

Can you provide a picture wearing them? They look much bigger and uglier then I was expecting from the original photos during the campaign .

Also, still not new tracking numbers for anybody I'm guessing?

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #5,394 of 7,693
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #5,395 of 7,693
Can you provide a picture wearing them? They look much bigger and uglier then I was expecting from the original photos during the campaign .

For what it’s worth, Mobius is noticeably smaller than the EL-8 with the same size 100mm drivers. They’re fairly attractive but not really stylish, as in there is a gap between the headband and the head (which makes them more comfortable regardless) and the proportions wouldn’t necessarily make them fashion headphones. The case is pretty large and the headphones can’t fold down. They look pretty good and are more compact than the EL-8 but are larger than the average headphone which is fine for their intended use and also taking into consideration the massive planar drivers.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #5,396 of 7,693
For what it’s worth, Mobius is noticeably smaller than the EL-8 with the same size 100mm drivers. They’re fairly attractive but not really stylish, as in there is a gap between the headband and the head (which makes them more comfortable regardless) and the proportions wouldn’t necessarily make them fashion headphones. The case is pretty large and the headphones can’t fold down. They look pretty good and are more compact than the EL-8 but are larger than the average headphone which is fine for their intended use and also taking into consideration the massive planar drivers.

Hows the clamp for you? can you look down?

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #5,397 of 7,693
There's been a lot of talk about the Shanling M0 recently, especially considering it's one of few devices outside android phones with LDAC support. And I'm pretty sure it's USB-C as well.

I have the Shanling M0 and can confirm its easily worth the $100 price tag. Will be great for LDAC pairing

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #5,398 of 7,693
I have the Shanling M0 and can confirm its easily worth the $100 price tag. Will be great for LDAC pairing

I'll have to second this!
I bought the M0 Last month for the exact same reason, to pair it to the Mobius via LDAC for my daily commute.

Atm i am using it with my Oppo PM-3 and am really impressed by the perdormance, can't wait to set it up with the Mobius!

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #5,399 of 7,693

Audeze said some people should start receiving tracking numbers tomorrow , who knows, maybe you will be one of the lucky ones ? :wink: wink wink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back