Audio equipment you regret selling
Aug 26, 2023 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jjb3

100+ Head-Fier
I find that I sell stuff then wish I hadn't. Some things I've sold then repurchased include the HD800S and I wish I hadn't sold my IE900 or MOJO 2. You?

Aug 26, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 6
Biggest regret was selling my Volent Paragon VL-4 speakers.

I've moved locations multiple times in recent years and the terror of potentially moving those gargantuan speakers again made me sell them, but definitely a mistake. One of the best transducers I've yet to hear.

The Final D8000 is another one that I feel like I will re-buy down the road again.

Aug 26, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 6
I sold a Technics linear tracking turntable once. It was a thrift-shop find and by then I thought I wanted a "normal" turntable. It was fairly early in the course of vinyl hobby, and looking back on it I didn't really appreciate what I had. It was in excellent shape and I regret getting rid of it, especially since it's not something I can just re-order. I've seen others of the same model appear on eBay before, and often they don't appear to be in as good condition as the one I had was. Oh well. :frowning2:

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #4 of 6
I left my Martin Logan reQuest speakers with an ex because I couldn't justify the cost of a trailer just for them in my last big move. They were in bad shape, in need of new panels soon that are prohibitively expensive, but I still regret not taking them with me.

I've wanted a pair of Martin Logans since I saw some at a friend's house when I was 12. They were magical, sci-fi brought to life, and they sounded better than anything I'd ever heard before... I was crushed to learn how much they cost. It took something like 20 years to get my own.

Maybe one day, again...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 6
Did your ex appreciate this sacrifice?
Hard to say, we don't really talk much any more. I'm not even sure if she still has them, it's been a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back