Audio Switch Box Help
Oct 7, 2017 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Old Dirty Puppy

100+ Head-Fier
I wanted to ask if you guys have any recommendations for an audio switch box. I trying to connect my USB DAC to three different audio outputs, two different headphone Amps and a pair of power speakers. I've been using an Optimal Shop 4 Port Input 1 Output Audio Video AV RCA Switch 4 ways Selector Splitter Box, that I found on Amazon. Unfortunately this switch box isn't the best quality product and I get some feedback and channel bleed through it. do you guys have any good suggestions for an audio switch with multiple channels?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 6
The Schiit Saga would work, but it's $349.

Unfortunately after looking at the Schitt Saga I'm don't think it will cover my needs. After looking over the specs I am not sure if I can reverse the signal and use the inputs on the Schitt Saga as outputs instead. Also even if it did work, that price tag seems too high to pay for a switch box, but thank you for your suggestion.

Check this guy out. He will build you anything. I own a small switch box of his.

http://www.mfspdesigns.com/index.php/en/

Some of the Switch Boxes on that site look really cool and their style matches my gear, which is a plus. I might pick one up if I can't find another solution. thank you!

I also found these on EBay and they look like they are good quality at a decent price.

Nobsound Stereo 4-IN-1-OUT RCA Audio Splitter / Switcher Selector Passive Preamp

s-l1600.jpg

Nobsound also sells this sexy bad boy that I'm tempted to get.
Stereo 3-ways Audio Signal XLR Balanced Input Switcher Converter Splitter Preamp

s-l1600.jpg

Unfortunately I've never used a Nobsound product but I have seen them around. Do you guys know if they make quality products?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 6
Unfortunately after looking at the Schitt Saga I'm don't think it will cover my needs. After looking over the specs I am not sure if I can reverse the signal and use the inputs on the Schitt Saga as outputs instead. Also even if it did work, that price tag seems too high to pay for a switch box, but thank you for your suggestion.

I know you can switch them on the $49 SYS (which I own), but it only has three sets of RCAs, so at most you'd only be able to do one input and two outputs with that one.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 6
I know you can switch them on the $49 SYS (which I own), but it only has three sets of RCAs, so at most you'd only be able to do one input and two outputs with that one.

That's good to know. I was looking at the SYS as well. I wish it had more outputs but I think I can make it work for my set up. Also it would look cool stack up with my Modi Multibit and siting next to my Jotunheim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back