Audio Technica AD900 vs AD900x whats the difference?
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Aerial Wave

Head-Fier
After a quick search on the forums, seems like nobody have made a proper comparison between both models. 

Can anyone tell me the main differences between the old Audio technica vs the "X" series? 

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 7
I'd love to know this too as well. From the photos I've seen of the ad900x it seems to me they might have emulated the ad700 design where the drivers are angled for a better fit and better soundstage imaging relative to the ad900 but that's just pure speculation on my part.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 7
I had AD900 briefly (a few weeks) and auditioned AD900X at the local headphone shop recently, from my memories AD900X has far better timbre and tonal balance compared to its old iteration (which I personally hate), less peaky treble, less sibilance and a bit more bass. Can't comment on soundstage as I never particularly impressed with it.

btw, have you really search around? http://www.head-fi.org/t/656505/ath-ad900x-significant-improvement-over-ad900

edit:why am I comparing AD900 to AD900? Added X :p

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I had AD900 briefly (a few weeks) and auditioned AD900 at the local headphone shop recently, from my memories AD900X has far better timbre and tonal balance compared to its old iteration (which I personally hate), less peaky treble, less sibilance and a bit more bass. Can't comment on soundstage as I never particularly impressed with it.

btw, have you really search around? http://www.head-fi.org/t/656505/ath-ad900x-significant-improvement-over-ad900

Thanks for your comment man, appreciated. 

And, i did a quick search but couldn't find anything relevant. But i'll take a look at the link. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 7
never tried the regular a900,

but I can say about the ad900x (then maybe somebody who has the a900 can post about that)

the drivers are angled,

It's very comfortable (IMO).

The Bass is decent in that price range for open air headphones. (the X series is supposedly more Bass).

and they have this ability with women's vocals that's hard to describe. according to other posters it's classic "ath."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back