Audio Technica ATH-AD900 without Sound Card / Amp?
Jun 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kingof2v1

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm in the market for some gaming headphones. I heard the ATH-AD900's have great soundstage and I play competitive FPS games, so I was thinking that would be a good choice. However, I won't have an AMP, and I'm using the onboard soundcard from my MSI Z87-G41-PC-Mate motherboard.  Given my amp/sound card situation (I don't want to buy a new soundcard, plz don't mention that) -- Would these still be the best choice for competitive FPS gaming? Or could you recommend something else?

Thanks!

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I'm in the market for some gaming headphones. I heard the ATH-AD900's have great sound stage and I play competitive FPS games, so I was thinking that would be a good choice. However, I won't have an AMP, and I'm using the onboard soundcard from my MSI Z87-G41-PC-Mate motherboard.  Given my amp/sound card situation (I don't want to buy a new sound card, plz don't mention that) -- Would these still be the best choice for competitive FPS gaming? Or could you recommend something else?

I've used the ATH-A900X with on-board audio, sounded fairly good.
And the ATH-A900X is only $179.99, plus tax (free shipping).

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes, its pretty easy to drive.
You can buy the soundcard later. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 4
hi, i used to have the Audio Technica ATH D 500 and they are very pleasant in terms of sound and i drive without any problems with my on board soundcard and also with my ASUS Essence ST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back