Audio Technica ATH-Pro700mk2.. New to this site!
May 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

dreamLRG

Head-Fier
Hey guys my name is Ken and this is my first time on head-fi.org after hearing great things decided to sign up, and loving this site already, so easy to maneuver around.

First of all im not an audiophile but just a casual listener, also past month ive been listening to music with my little LG Dare since my ipod broke:frowning2:(. So anyway ive been looking for some headphones and i came across the ath-pro700mk2 and i was wondering how the comfort and portability factor is because im always up and running around, also i have an above average sized head so would i get fatigued by these headphones? 

Im almost thinking about buying the beats solo hd because of the portability and style factor, yea i know why am i saying this on a site with audiophiles.. no idea.

Help is much appreciated! Just woke up so mind my poor use of grammar.. or in fact the english language lol

May 30, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 28
May 31, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 28
Now is a good time to buy the Pro700mk2 cause they can be found for $135 on JR. To be honest though, I had a lot of comfort issues with the m50s and they look like twins.  I was not a fan of the pleather earpads and did experience fatigue while wearing the m50s. They should be very durable though.

May 31, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #4 of 28
Yea i found the Pro700mk2 for around 135 on Amazon too,  i was really tempted to buy it, but seeing all the reviews on poor comfort and with my above average sized head, i am still looking for some cans...

May 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 28
The Pro700 MKII clamps pretty hard 0.0 not sure how that'll affect medium-sized heads 'cause my head is BIG.

You could go for the Pro700's little brother, the M50s. More neutral and versatile.

May 31, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 28
Just stretch the the headband if it clamps too hard? Leave it overnight over some box with a reasonable width and repeat until you notice the clamping isn't as intense. Pretty much all headphones will get loosened grip when the headband gets worn, some takes longer than others though. My K518 DJ I could only wear for 15~20 mins until I got intense ear pain due to the clamping but 2 or 3 overnight stretching sessions with a bit wider than my head-width took care of it and now they could be worn for several hrs, 2~3hrs or so perhaps.

May 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 28
Mmm. The Pro700Mk2... Beats by Dre has wet dreams about those headphones. 

May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 28
Nah, he probably listens to Sennheisers
evil_smiley.gif

May 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #12 of 28
I don't know I haven't heard them, but whatever you do, don't buy Beats.  Things are not that desperate, there are plenty of better headphones for you, and you don't look that dorky that you need the celebrity endorsement on your face.  Come back from the Beats and give it a shot.  If things get really bad, send me a pm, I'll talk you back from the Beats. 

Don't ever forget what a strong confident music lover you are.

May 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #13 of 28
By fatigue you mean would they get uncomfortable on your head or you are talking about sound fatigue? I am assuming you are talking about comfort, so the answer is I don't know cause they are very new. They seem to be constructed exactly the same as the m50, so I will say yes that it could very likely will be an issue.

May 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #14 of 28
looks like the M50 but with detachable cord. wish mike from headfonia had compared the pro700 with the m50 in that review.

when I read that review not so long ago, i admit i was interested, but they are in the same pricerange of the senn HD25, which already has enough bass for me.

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #15 of 28
I read General Karls review of the m50. He said the pads are more uncomfortable and the headband is tighter than the m50. If you are looking for comfort, I don't these things are what you are looking for cause  the m50s were pretty uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back