Audio-Technica ear phones
Jan 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sakana420

New Head-Fier
sorry i am new here could please some explain to me whats the difference between these two models Audio-Technica ATH-M50S  ranked number 1 on this site VS  Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones ranked 36 . it makes no sense . from what i seen online the only difference is that the S has a different cord . could someone please explain to me the difference and what they are rated so far apart . for those of you that have these ear phones are they as good as people as they are . is there other head phones that are better than this for the price range i dont mind spending a lil more but not a lot a lot. like Sennheiser  , grado, akg and shures . i hope i get a lot of input

sorry forgot to add this im using this head set to listen to music like rnb , hip hop , slow jams . im going to be listening to it on my ipod , iphone and once in a while my home stereo receiver . my budget is around 130-200

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 7
I am new here as well and just learning as well. My ATH -M50s now have about two hundred hours of listening and just now really starting to impress me much more than when new. I had some comfort issues when new but a couple days of getting stretched over one of my speakers about seven inchs wide and there perfect for me now. As for the sound there better IMO than my Bose tri ports,Sony V6.Sennheiser 555. For some music like classic and smooth jazz I prefer my AKG-K340s. Remember this is my opinion. They can just rock the hell out of some vintage Santana,one of my favorates for them. I paid just north of one hundred dollars for mine and for the money can't imagine anything better. Hope this helps a little.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 7
The general consensus about these phones are, that they are overpriced unless you can get them cheap, preferably around 100 dollars. In general they are said to be a good starter phone.
Don't think about the ranking on this site, since it seems to make no sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back