Audio Technica PRO5V Headphones Sound Quality
Oct 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NineEleven

Head-Fier
I really like the sound quality of these headphones . Can you explain what style of headphones regarding sound quality is this headphones? I am going to buy the SRH840 for myself as the PRO5V are my brothers.. Are these headphones similair.. what are different from each other?

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 9
Hmm, how would you describe the sound of the PRO5V?  Bassy?  Or did you find it clear with a good balances of bass and treble?

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Hmm, how would you describe the sound of the PRO5V?  Bassy?  Or did you find it clear with a good balances of bass and treble?

I am new to audiophile terms. Can you explain some of these terms. It does have a nice amount of bass, not that it hurts you though.
Also, can you find some graphs about the sound quality of the PRO5V? I found one for the SRH-840..

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
I am new to audiophile terms. Can you explain some of these terms. It does have a nice amount of bass, not that it hurts you though.
Also, can you find some graphs about the sound quality of the PRO5V? I found one for the SRH-840..

Sorry about that.  By balance I mean is the bass and treble equal in volume?  The better the balance the better a headphone can handle different genres of music.  For example, a headphone like Sony's XB-500 is tuned have a higher volume bass, which allows it to work well with bass heavy genres like rap, hip-op, etc.  However, due to its bass heavy balance it doesn't handle non-bass heavy genres well.  You'll also need(depending on your preference) a good balance of the midrange frequency too, but I don't want overhelm you with lingo so I'll leave it there.

Hmm, there doesn't seem to any graphs of the PRO5V.  Judging by its original MSRP(69.99), the Shures should be a signaficant improvement.  Though, price is not always a good indication of quality.  I think you'll like the Shures.  What genres of music do you listen to?

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Sorry about that.  By balance I mean is the bass and treble equal in volume?  The better the balance that better a headphone handles different genres of music.

Hmm, there doesn't seem to any graph of the PRO5V.  Judging by its original MSRP(69.99), the Shures should be signaficant improvement.  Though, price is not always a good indication of quality.  I think you'll like the Shures.  What genres of music do you listen to?

Trance music mostly.. I listen to Metal also. Mainly those two. Reggae sometimes.. But Trance is most important. Vocals are very very important, bass should be nice(Not too much that it hurts your ears), nice natural sounds in lows mids and highs. Basically I want the Shures to be perfect for Trance.. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Trance music mostly.. I listen to Metal also. Mainly those two. Reggae sometimes.. But Trance is most important. Vocals are very very important, bass should be nice(Not too much that it hurts your ears), nice natural sounds in lows mids and highs. Basically I want the Shures to be perfect for Trance.. 

If there's one thing the 840 has, is a natural souding midrange.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
So do you think these are good for Trance music? Worth 150EUR? I will buy them soon..

I think so.  In fact you'll probably hear details in your music that you haven't heard before.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

I think so.  In fact you'll probably hear details in your music that you haven't heard before.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool.. Can't wait to buy them and a Zalman Clip. Checking out some audiophile glossary. I just hope that they are the right fit for me. They seem sturdy and they have a detachable cable. Good for trance and gaming. I think I made a final decision..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back