Audioengine 2 vs Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
May 8, 2011 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jmcejuela

New Head-Fier
Only concerning audio quality:

Which one do you like the best?
What about bass experience?

Also, the Soundsticks III have only a mini jack input. Is it possible to connect a DAC directly to the sIII? DACs with jack output?

May 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 5
iv got the soundsticks III, and they are pretty nice for the price. i found if i lowered the gain, gave it a boost in the 500 1k and 2k frequencies in itunes, it would even out the sticks. then you just adjust the sub to your liking, and it shouold sound pretty decent. if your going to be using them loudly, you might want to roll off a little on the top though...

May 15, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 5
I would go for the A2's over the HK's for sound quality.

HK's are good, but they're targeted to the average consumer as "very good speakers".

IMO, the A2's are more targeted to computer audiophiles, and not complete audiophiles if you know what I'm trying to say.

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm also wondering the same problem? Since I'm searching for a speaker for my college dorm, and the only two i'm considering are the Audioengine 2 and the HK souldsticks III.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 5
Very late reply, but just in case somebody is curious. In the end back then I opted for the Audioengine 2. I still have them and I absolutely love them. Tiny, beautiful, and sound so good. They perform well in all ranges, including bass. Despite their small size they are very powerful too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back