AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,531 of 5,890
Hi, I see that you have the T800 and have also heard the CA Andromeda and BGVP DM7. How does the T800 measure up to those?
TIA!

I will make a comparison. I can already say the DM7 does not compare to Andromeda. The details and imaging and realism on the Andro's are awesome, nothing I have or have heard come close. The DM7 did not provide that at all. The DM7 I sounded like a bloated mess to me and had harsh peaks with some songs. Maybe my set was defective, hence my return due to quality issues was likely the cause? I don't know as they were returned for the T800. I will need to burn in the T800 and go back and listen to the Andro's again to see.

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #1,532 of 5,890
Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Don’t let anyone make you feel like you have to install additional dampers to enjoy the T800.

The T800 already has a pre-installed (white) damper. And for a lot of people, that’s perfectly acceptable. In fact, the white damper is one of the most commonly-used dampers for the people that build their own IEMs, CIEMs, and for lots of Shure owners.

The people that are adding an additional damper are the ones that are sensitive to the T800 treble. It can be due to age, genre, personal preference, ear canal resonance, fatigue, source brightness, impedance, or other factors.

But just like any IEM, everyone hears things differently. And some need the additional damper (of one color or another), and others enjoy it 100% stock. There’s no right or wrong.

I agree. I got the dampers because I'm curious. I love the stock sound but that also took a bit of time to fully appreciate it.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,535 of 5,890
the bass is amazing, but what do you think about the treble, is it too much for you?

I think the treble is borderline... It's super extended, but on the fence if it is too biting for me. I think I can live with it as is, however I may order in the damper set to see what that does for me.

WM1A is .92 ohm output impedance. What is the output impedance of galaxy note 8? What was the issue with sound out of Note 8? What about the highs?

I can't find much info on the Note 8 OI. I've seen 2.6 ohm, up to around 3 ohm. Will keep researching....

Listening on the Note 8 the issue was that everything became super quiet, and had no dynamic range. I thought "this can't be what everyone was describing". Oddly enough every once in a while after removing and re-connecting the T800, I'd get a full connection with big sound. But it was really, really harsh on the top end then. This is not a cable issue, as I tried my Sony MMCX 3.5mm and had the same thing (though it never gave me that jump to full power like the stock cable did). It seems to be how the IEM is taking the power from the Note 8. Very strange! With the WM1A, it is sounding pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,536 of 5,890
The Note 8 USA model has a horrible headphone jack, basically worthless. All North American Samsungs after the S6 have garbage audio output. The reason is they use Snapdragon SOC instead of Exynos / Woflson.

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,537 of 5,890
The Note 8 USA model has a horrible headphone jack, basically worthless. All North American Samsungs after the S6 have garbage audio output. The reason is they use Snapdragon SOC instead of Exynos / Woflson.
I usually find that's the case. I even recall the Galaxy S4 I had back in the days was terrible, but perhaps back then the impedance was much more significant. Generally, phone amps are too weak for dynamic drivers, but I thought was ok with certain BA based iems. Certain dedicated DAPs tend to output better dynamics to the sound. I find even Apple stuff to be a bit flat sounding as well (before when they had the headphone jack).

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,538 of 5,890
I think the treble is borderline... It's super extended, but on the fence if it is too biting for me. I think I can live with it as is, however I may order in the damper set to see what that does for me.

I can't find much info on the Note 8 OI. I've seen 2.6 ohm, up to around 3 ohm. Will keep researching....

Listening on the Note 8 the issue was that everything became super quiet, and had no dynamic range. I thought "this can't be what everyone was describing". Oddly enough every once in a while after removing and re-connecting the T800, I'd get a full connection with big sound. But it was really, really harsh on the top end then. This is not a cable issue, as I tried my Sony MMCX 3.5mm and had the same thing (though it never gave me that jump to full power like the stock cable did). It seems to be how the IEM is taking the power from the Note 8. Very strange! With the WM1A, it is sounding pretty darn good.

Try burning it in for a couple of days and maybe use copper cable instead. I do find spiral dot tips smoothen the treble quite a bit, but I will skip the spinfit, if treble is an issue with u

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,540 of 5,890
So these are very quick impressions of the filters I got... it's the metal ones and fit well.

Edit. Using small spiral dots and 4 core copper wire

Green - bass boost but sacrificing the highs.
Brown - less bass then green but adds high back - not as airy as stock
Grey - seems to have more 'ss' then stock ..weird. bass is slightly more than stock
White - airy highs are back with a bit of bass boost

My personal favorite is brown. I will listen to it for a few days or so and switch to white (second favorite). Green and grey I'm not too interested (may or may not revisit later)

It's fun tuning this :)

Edit. Missing the highs... went to whites.
Thanks so much for you work I will be getting the metal white ones.
I do have the red ones on way to me I will post my findings.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #1,541 of 5,890
15663294992971048995544516051139.jpg
So these are very quick impressions of the filters I got... it's the metal ones and fit well.

Edit. Using small spiral dots and 4 core copper wire

Green - bass boost but sacrificing the highs.
Brown - less bass then green but adds high back - not as airy as stock
Grey - seems to have more 'ss' then stock
Anyone got there dampers yet..Which damper are u all using to tame the brightness? Which can anyone write there experiences which is the best damper atm
I heard a lot of people were saying that the white ones are the best

Maybe try a few i get my order today

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back