AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #977 of 5,890
Ex1000 has better bass, always will. T800 has faster bass, but overall lacks impact and depth compared to ex1k but were comparing dynamic to BA here so not really fair. Ex1000 has better soundstage, has more depth to it, as well as overall space. T800 has great soundstage dont get me wrong, but isnt as deep or airy. T800 has more overall clarity and micro detail. Imaging isnt really much different. Congested pieces i feel the t800 due better in because of the speed of decay on BA drivers. As far as ex600 goes...i dont really use it other than for watching movies, the ex1000 is just so much better theres no point to me. The t800 and ex1000 present music different and i go back amd fourth i love them both honestly

Thank you for make me sure once again that i dont need T800 then since I've got M7 already, 1 from russian forum review said he like T800 more than andromeda but againts M7, they still cant match but of course T800 hold their own value at their price. 2nd one from T800 user that has listening M7 also confirm M7 are better iems. But again and again good reviews really made me curious because of the price, cheapest 8 knowles BA config we can get currently.
If EX1000 still wins a lot of factor beside congestion and separation (1 vs 8 driver of course), so answer is real clear since i feel M7 is a big upgrade from my EX1000, even the bass texture, faster decay speed on bass, depth. Only missing the Air from DD bass that BA cant produce of course. Very weird since I always a DD man from more than a decade, but sony new BA are amazing. Thank you very much for your opinion, i guess i just save my money for other important things.

Very very interested in you comparing the fd01 to t800. My next iem will be one of the 2 but I am not sure which one has overall best vocals, soundstage and clarity. Your comparison would be absolutely great for me!

Of course, stay tuned.

looking forward for this too!

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #980 of 5,890
Thank you for make me sure once again that i dont need T800 then since I've got M7 already, 1 from russian forum review said he like T800 more than andromeda but againts M7, they still cant match but of course T800 hold their own value at their price. 2nd one from T800 user that has listening M7 also confirm M7 are better iems. But again and again good reviews really made me curious because of the price, cheapest 8 knowles BA config we can get currently.
If EX1000 still wins a lot of factor beside congestion and separation (1 vs 8 driver of course), so answer is real clear since i feel M7 is a big upgrade from my EX1000, even the bass texture, faster decay speed on bass, depth. Only missing the Air from DD bass that BA cant produce of course. Very weird since I always a DD man from more than a decade, but sony new BA are amazing. Thank you very much for your opinion, i guess i just save my money for other important things.

looking forward for this too!

I just hope those russian reviews aren't like the Porta-Fi reviews with their mindset of more expensive = better, supported by the textual fallacy of "higher price allow engineers to implement more advanced schematics, so they’ve got better sound".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that the M7 aren't better IEMs by any means, just that the sound signature would be different enough to invalidate any direct comparison between them, as one is more V shape oriented meanwhile the other tends towards a more warm-neutral approach.

I also highly doubt that the EX1000 manages resolution and imaging/separation better than 8 dedicated BAs with just a single DD, but as a DD lover with experience (R1 Zenith, IE800 and FD01 owner), we'll see on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #981 of 5,890
I just hope those russian reviews aren't like the Porta-Fi reviews with their mindset of more expensive = better, supported by the textual fallacy of "higher price allow engineers to implement more advanced schematics, so they’ve got better sound".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that the M7 aren't better IEMs by any means, just that the sound signature would be different enough to invalidate any direct comparison between them, as one is more V shape oriented meanwhile the other tends towards a more warm-neutral approach.

I also highly doubt that the EX1000 manages resolution and imaging/separation better than 8 dedicated BAs with just a single DD, but as a DD lover with experience (R1 Zenith, IE800 and FD01 owner), we'll see on Tuesday.

I prefer the T800 to R1Z, however that is due to a fitment issue (can’t get right one to fit properly and driver flex-right ear only????). I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the T800 tho :wink:

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #982 of 5,890

i dont think so since he prefer T800 than andromeda, and andromeda absolutely pricier than M7 (someone translate into this thread on earlier pages, maybe page 12 if im not wrong)

M7 more balance than T800, but maybe i just comparing overall even slightly different sound signature, because i was so curious about T800. the logical comparison to T800 should be moondrop A8 but no one has both so far, and maybe DM7 for more reasonable price

Yes im looking forward your comparison with your IE800 and FD01 too!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #983 of 5,890
I prefer the T800 to R1Z, however that is due to a fitment issue (can’t get right one to fit properly and driver flex-right ear only????). I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the T800 tho :wink:

I don't think so, either!

In fact, as much as I love the Zeniths with a moderate EQ lowering a few dB around 2 and 4 kHz (which make them a completely different beast IMO), I can't stand with them in stock form with any filter.

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #987 of 5,890
How do you feel their treble are. Main question will it bee too bright, hot or sibilant with neutral sorces as m11. If you have such similar neutral source. I would order t800 but afraid i will get too bright or piercing sounding combo.

T800, for what it is, at this price, and you’re looking for a multiBA iem, and don’t have something comparable already, well, I don’t think you can wrong here

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #988 of 5,890
After giving myself a LOT more time to listen to the T180 and play with EQ, I'm finding them much more enjoyable than on first listen. (This is my first IEM without a DD, so my brain may have not been ready, lol.) If you bump down the upper mids and lower treble, and give the 30-50 Hz range more oomph (personal taste), these things can sing. I also realize I was getting a horrible fit with any of the silicone tips. I borrowed some foam tips from my brother's SE215 and they fit well and provide superb isolation. So - keeping in mind the price tag and that the sound might need some tweaking - I really enjoy these, and recommend them to someone like myself that is on a budget and has never heard a BA-only IEM.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #989 of 5,890
After giving myself a LOT more time to listen to the T180 and play with EQ, I'm finding them much more enjoyable than on first listen. (This is my first IEM without a DD, so my brain may have not been ready, lol.) If you bump down the upper mids and lower treble, and give the 30-50 Hz range more oomph (personal taste), these things can sing. I also realize I was getting a horrible fit with any of the silicone tips. I borrowed some foam tips from my brother's SE215 and they fit well and provide superb isolation. So - keeping in mind the price tag and that the sound might need some tweaking - I really enjoy these, and recommend them to someone like myself that is on a budget and has never heard a BA-only IEM.

Do you find that your t180 is something hard on the mids? mine is hard to hear because it does not bring knowles damper and they cannot filter the hardness, how does t180 sound to you?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #990 of 5,890
Do you find that your t180 is something hard on the mids? mine is hard to hear because it does not bring knowles damper and they cannot filter the hardness, how does t180 sound to you?
Yep, I find myself missing some details in the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back