Aune M1P
May 26, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #61 of 484
Interestingly, with more use the heat problem is reducing - I had it playing yesterday for about one hour and there was very marginal heat. Same again this morning, 30 minutes and no heat at all. With the files now playing in the right order, and heating issues hopefully going, it’ll be much easier to appreciate this DAP - sounds fantastic.

May 26, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #62 of 484
As the m1s which remains my all time favourite :

Silence, vivid, natural, dynamic, balanced, transparent.... 🥰😎🥰

Just not adapted for heavy loads (some full size headphones).

But with the vast majority of the earphones out there.... 😇🥳

Really interested by this m1p now.

May 26, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #63 of 484
My Aune M1p unit arrived today and I think I've had it for over 3 hours and the battery is still at 60% playing FLAC at a good volume. My room is at 25ºC (it's getting close to summer in my country) and the M1p heats up slightly, it feels warm but if you saw how the Flamingo heats up.... It is not critical at all, I have DAPs that get warmer like the ACMEE MF02s.
The firmware version is v1.061 and I've seen that it has been released recently:

http://aune.hifidiy.net/aune_en/M1p/aune_m1p_1.061.zip

As information, I'm surprised by the filter change with the Up button. Also that the volume only goes up to 72 steps. It is bigger and heavier than I thought. But, of course, lately I'm using a lot the Hidizs AP80 PRO-X Red Copper, whose size is only a little bigger than the M1p's screen.
On the plus side, I love that it has both 2.5mm and 4.4mm balanced outputs.
Also, it comes with a 128GB microSD card, which is not at all common on the other DAPS I have.
Maybe I should already talk about the Aune sound as its own hallmark. The first time I tried an Aune product was when a good reviewer friend lent me the BU2, along with the iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon. If I'm honest, I'm not a big fan of the iFi sound, but I did find myself enjoying the BU2 much more than the Gryphon. During the loan I used the BU2 more than the Gryphon. Something similar happens to me with the Flamingo. As a DAC/Amp it is my first choice, the problem is that the heat is now very high and I miss a balanced output.
It may be totally subjective, but I think Aune has its sound and I just confirmed it with the M1p. It's not a spectacular sound, there's no artifice, don't look for a more unrealistic representation as I had the feeling with the Fiio M11s. But it does have a kind of purity, something different from EarMen, that hooks me. As a DAPS lover, I would have many more than I already have, I'm still looking for my favourite. But I can see that the M1p can fulfil many of my aspirations.
On the negative side, every time it starts it scans the SD, although it's fast and the gapless switching between songs is not the best I've tried. But I think these are things that can be solved in future firmware revisions.

IMG_20230526_201025.jpg

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #64 of 484
My M1p did heat up again today, but not as bad as it had previously. I checked however and I have the previous version of FW, so I'll update mine tonight - hopefully that solves it completely.

Jun 16, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #65 of 484
Jun 28, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #67 of 484
The parcel is in France... :sweat_smile:

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #68 of 484
I use mine quite a lot, I love it with Final A5000 as an excellent portable solution for out and about. I still have the problem of it heating up and battery dying if I don’t switch it off when not in use! - I’m guessing that’s a fault though.

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #69 of 484
I use mine quite a lot, I love it with Final A5000 as an excellent portable solution for out and about. I still have the problem of it heating up and battery dying if I don’t switch it off when not in use! - I’m guessing that’s a fault though.
Perhaps you should go with the warranty :thermometer_face: :beerchug:

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #70 of 484
Jun 30, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #71 of 484
Well that's interesting :beerchug:

Also that I run the brand new m1p, compared to an m1s that has been running for years...

But it's interesting....

In any case, 4 things are certain, for me, at this (very) early time :

1/ The m1s does not have to be ashamed of the p (from a purely sound and musical point of view, but above all musical*)
2/ And the p is a technical upgrading of the s : same dna, but it goes, technically therefore, a little further, in everything. A little. It's not night and day, but it's noticeable (for now with the Ringo plus Ares S Founders Edition ; all things being equal)
3/ The manufacturing quality and finishes are much better for p. In particular, the buttons are now completely silent and much safer (feel and touch).
4/ Ergonomics on the other hand has become less good ! Why did you blow up the 2 navigation buttons ? This is a real setback and the navigation is much less pleasant than with the s :sweat::slight_frown:

* Ama, break-in to be expected... because the p seems a little sharp digital and colder directly compared to the s ("fast linear filter" for the p vs fast filter for the s ; I guess it is the same thing ? :sleepy: )...

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #72 of 484
"Apodizing fast roll-off filter" = for me it's the best, all criteria (musical wise / technical wise this is the fast linear filter but the Apo is my second choice for the technical side).

And a little "green" and very sharp "digital/digital" side disappears, although everything remains crystal clear. By the way these are my two choices :

1/ Apo (more musical ?)
2/ Fast linear (more neutral ?)
To be continued over time but for me it seems clear at this point : sounds glorious.:beerchug:

There are 7 filters.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #73 of 484
So... hours pass and my judgment sharpens. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1/ For filtering therefore, my favorite is the Apodized fast roll-off filter (the most musical and above all the most natural result to my ears ; all criteria : an ideal between dynamics, resolution, definition, texture, density, separation... everything) then the Linear phase filter (the most technical - definition/resolution and the most tones "neutral" : but... I miss with this one a tiny texture and weight on the tones, with a "sharp to a little to colder (analytical ?) side"...)
2/ Under these conditions the M1p is a version that is a little more defined, resolution, transparent and refined than the M1s... and more powerful. However, if I put the M1p at a 100 rating (reference wise), I put the M1s at 95. By equalizing the sound levels, by doing A/B listening sessions, then by alternating plays, that's what comes out.
3/ Mission accomplished for the M1p... because I had been looking for years without finding it, a real technical and musical alternative to my M1s... more than ever still relevant.

These 2 products have in common a completely direct and pure sound without any particular coloring tendency : perfect balance in my opinion. The definition/resolution/transaprence/details/dynamic (explosive) levels are even slightly improved for the M1p than the M1s. In both cases, it is TOTALLY dead quiet.

The M1s (whatever it's 3 filters) do however seem a bit "warmer" or "analog" sounding compared to the M1p but:

- It may be a psychoacoustic effect as the M1p is incredibly super CLEAN !..... I think it's hard to find more pure and clean in fact... :sweat_smile:
- The M1p has so far only run for a few hours, the other for years... however, there are electrochemical components in the recipe... So I have to run them.

All other things being equal, I tend to prefer the M1p with the Ringo's in association, and the M1s with the Fh9 dsw tuned...
All this is fresh and requires hindsight. :beerchug:

Jun 30, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #74 of 484
Filters:

The more it goes, the more it is this one who wins my first and best palm (3rd thief):

Hybrid Fast roll-off minimum phase filter

3018.jpg

HF :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think he's my champion. :beerchug:

Then LA then LF. This order of preference.

These filters ; it's subtle without being so...

You have to totally surrender to your feelings to decide.

For my part, music must be a warm but vivid thing : transients has to snap hard and tones and timbres must be lush, rich, dense and textured, while being crystal clear. Live and realistic qualities.

This is it. :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #75 of 484
"Apodizing fast roll-off filter" = for me it's the best, all criteria (musical wise / technical wise this is the fast linear filter but the Apo is my second choice for the technical side).

And a little "green" and very sharp "digital/digital" side disappears, although everything remains crystal clear. By the way these are my two choices :

1/ Apo (more musical ?)
2/ Fast linear (more neutral ?)
To be continued over time but for me it seems clear at this point : sounds glorious.:beerchug:

There are 7 filters.
So apodizing filter (LA filter) = the best overall (for me and my gears).

HF second cause less extended, less air, less separation and less refined. But a little more warm and meaty than other filters, LA including (not by far).

Will see with time, but it seems right to claim that, according to my ears 🎉

Not night and day differences but it's noticeable.

Gears :

Aure Audio "Ringo"
"Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L tips
EA "Ares S Founders Edition. Balanced 4.4mm.

Only 16/44.1 wav files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back