Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Jul 12, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #93 of 1,058
A pair of Gold Lion KT77 Genalex for clean, very even handed, musical presentation...Tung Sols EL34 for a thicker sound.

For the single tube, I thought JJ is pretty clear sounding...another option there is Gold Lion Genalex ECC82 still clean sounding, not as forward, but lacking a bit of depth...Mullard CV4003 a good option for a less clear, but a bit thicker, musical presentation.

All are cheap options.

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #94 of 1,058
A pair of Gold Lion KT77 Genalex for clean, very even handed, musical presentation...Tung Sols EL34 for a thicker sound.

For the single tube, I thought JJ is pretty clear sounding...another option there is Gold Lion Genalex ECC82 still clean sounding, not as forward, but lacking a bit of depth...Mullard CV4003 a good option for a less clear, but a bit thicker, musical presentation.

All are cheap options.
Thank you so much!!!

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #98 of 1,058
Realizing this is a bit orthogonal to this thread, nonetheless I am really hoping one of you may have some insight on the following:

I am seriously considering purchasing the Auris Nirvana, and my alternative option is a the tube hybrid Patho Inpol Eear (similarly powerful; allows tube rolling on its gain stage, which is coupled with a class A SS output stage).

I am wondering if by chance any of you may have heard the Pathos and can draw any comparison between these 2 options to help me with my choice?

Deeply appreciate any inputs. Many thanks...

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #99 of 1,058
Realizing this is a bit orthogonal to this thread, nonetheless I am reakkt hoping one of you may have some insight on the following:

I am seriously considering purchasing the Auris Nirvana, and my alternative option is a the tube hybrid Patho Inpol Eear (similarly powerful; allows tube rolling on its gain stage, which is coupled with a class A SS output stage).

I am wondering if by chance any of you may have heard the Pathos and can draw any comparison between these 2 options to help me with my choice?

Deeply appreciate any inputs. Many thanks...

I considered the pathos myself, but from everything I read, it sounded like a solid state amp so I decided against it.

Oct 6, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #100 of 1,058
I considered the pathos myself, but from everything I read, it sounded like a solid state amp so I decided against it.

I suspect that you are correct. I really wished I could A/B test them. It seems like an impossible mission...:) (and thanks!)

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #101 of 1,058
I suspect that you are correct. I really wished I could A/B test them. It seems like an impossible mission...:) (and thanks!)

I did hear most of the ampsandsound lineup at can jam LA and they all sound great, if you want an alternative to consider :) I think I'd still take the Nirvana over the Nautilus and that's quite a bit more money. Also, I think there's still a used Nirvana in the classifieds, I'd definitely take advantage of that deal if I were you.

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #102 of 1,058
I did hear most of the ampsandsound lineup at can jam LA and they all sound great, if you want an alternative to consider :) I think I'd still take the Nirvana over the Nautilus and that's quite a bit more money. Also, I think there's still a used Nirvana in the classifieds, I'd definitely take advantage of that deal if I were you.
Considers it. But cost is nearly double. Also, silly reason, but I have so many custom XLR cables I just can’t bring myself to get a 1/4” only amp and redo my entire custom cabling..:wink:

and thx for heads up!

btw one more thing I wonder - the Nirvana came out around 2014 with current V2 in 2018, is there another revision just around the corner?

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #103 of 1,058
Considers it. But cost is nearly double. Also, silly reason, but I have so many custom XLR cables I just can’t bring myself to get a 1/4” only amp and redo my entire custom cabling..:wink:

and thx for heads up!

btw one more thing I wonder - the Nirvana came out around 2014 with current V2 in 2018, is there another revision just around the corner?

No clue about the revisions. But I'd definitely prefer the old school power supply which was beautiful and sat perfectly under the amp, to the current black box crap lol.

Oct 7, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #104 of 1,058
No clue about the revisions. But I'd definitely prefer the old school power supply which was beautiful and sat perfectly under the amp, to the current black box crap lol.
Yeah the old one Was beautiful, at one point I wanted a Nirvana myself.

Then I found out that new units no longer have the sweet looking power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back