AUSDOM M05 Headphone with APT-X Bluetooth CSR v4.0+EDR Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2015 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Ausdom Audio

Sponsor: Ausdom
Hi everyone, very few News and information about AUSDOM M05, but since there are some discussion and search for it, I am to start this thread to collect more information and feedback of AUSDOM M05, which with APT-X  with good sound quality.

First to check: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784705/original-ausdom-m04s-bluetooth-headphone-deals/60 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2MEH94/

Features:

1. M05 headphones can be used both wired (3.5mm standard audio cable) and wireless (Bluetooh v4.0)
  2. 40mm speaker drivers, apt-X technology and full range frequency deliver powerful sound, crystal-clear vocals and deep bass
  3. Super soft ear cushion provide you no press of long-term comfort. Rotated ear cups for easy storage & transport
  4. 400Am rechargeable battery gives you over 20 hours of both talk time and up to 250 hours stand by time
  5. Each pair of headphones comes with our 100% satisfaction guarantee and 1 year warranty

Product Description

Rock Your Ears 

Rock your ears by rich bass and powerful sound with Ausdom M05 headphones 

● Can be used both wired (stereo audio only) and wireless 
● Powerful sound, crystal-clear vocals and rich bass 
● Special design for comfortable wearing and convenient storage 
● Easy control for audio/phone call and outstanding long play-time 

Product Features 

Can be used both wired (stereo audio only) and wireless 

● Bluetooth v4.0 technology provides wirelessly high quality audio transmission 
● 3.5mm audio cable connects to any non Bluetooth device or use the headphones without a battery charge 

Powerful sound, crystal-clear vocals and rich bass 

● 40mm speaker drivers produce powerful sound 
● CSR BT v4.0+EDR with aptX chip gives you hi-fi sound 
● Full frequency responses (20Hz-20kHz) provide rich bass 

Special design for comfortable wearing and convenient storage 

● Soft ear pad and over-ear design for hours of no press listening 
● Advanced fold-flat design for convenient storage 

Easy control for audio/phone call and amazing long play-time 

● Built-In mic for headset functionality with controls for audio and phone calls 
● 400Am battery guarantees 20 hours play-time and 250 hours standby time 

Technical Specifications 

● Bluetooth CSR v4.0 
● talk and play time:20 hours 
● standby time 250 hours 
● charging time: 2-3 hours 

What's in box 

● Ausdom M05 Headphones 
● USB Charging Cable 
● 3.5mm Audio cable (4feet/ 1.2m) 
● User manual

Here is iancraig10 who just got an AUSDOM M05, and with the first impression: 

"The M05 has just arrived and using it passively, wired does indeed show that it is very balanced sounding. Bass is much more in control and it has very smooth mids plus nice extension in the treble as well.

Just put it on charge now and will try via Bluetooth later.

This one is great! The one I should have got in the first place!!!

After charge ....

It's really impressive.

I quickly tried wired and Bluetooth connections and differences are minimal Frequency response is lovely and even. Bluetooth wireless range isn't as far as the M04s but sound is greatly improved. I wonder whether I have an extra sensitive M04s or something!!

Apt-x greatly improves latency and using it with tv works well.

I'll do a proper write up, but first impression is that this is a good 'un. Ausdom have hit jackpot with this model considering its price as well."  

"I've been using them all day and I really feel that these are the ones to go for as far as sound goes. 

The range lines up more or less with my other Bluetooth headphones though so it's fine.

The more I've used them today, the more I like them. Bass is less obtrusive but still has a nice 'fruitiness' to it. Treble is also more extended so it feels way less enclosed.

I like it a lot.

I will do a more detailed review once I've tried it with different things. One thing, the apt-x DOES make a difference as far as lag goes. I directly compared.

I also tried it with an apt-x sender and audio is slightly crisper.

To top it off, it's also a nice looker!!"

More about AUSDOM M05:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2MEH94/

let's share any thing about AUSDOM M05.  

Tell what'd your special expectations for this APT-X enabled Bluetooth Headphone.

What's more, there is going to be a upgrade of AUSODM M05,  named AUSDOM ANC7 with Noise Cancelling function.

There is a review wanted this week for AUSDOM M05, we want more Headfiers here can have a chance to enjoy and test AUSDOM  products.

So just keep follow our News will not miss the good fortune.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 34
Yes, it really does. It makes the M05 a great headphone for tv, although it sounds really good with music too. I had it on my head most of the day yesterday and is very comfortable as well.

With an APt-x sender, I think the audio is crisper as well. Very impressed.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 34
Yes, it really does. It makes the M05 a great headphone for tv, although it sounds really good with music too. I had it on my head most of the day yesterday and is very comfortable as well.

With an APt-x sender, I think the audio is crisper as well. Very impressed.

great, AUSDOM M05 quite good for music since the sound quality, and with APT-X, which improves the headset line, but people can not distinguish the range from the item name among M-series. 
Hope it can bring you happiness and looking for your review for AUSDOM M05. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 34
Absolutely. It's not clear which are the better ones. I must say though, I do like the balanced sound of the M05. Even mens voices on TV don't have the bass boom that many headphones produce. It has a nice, smooth sound with good mids as well.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 34
Absolutely. It's not clear which are the better ones. I must say though, I do like the balanced sound of the M05. Even mens voices on TV don't have the bass boom that many headphones produce. It has a nice, smooth sound with good mids as well.

thanks  for your feedback. we are looking for more voices from enthusiastic on head-fi,  super right headphone deserves more attentions.

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 34

I really enjoy the freedom that Bluetooth allows with headphones. From getting up in the morning and listening to TV around the house to playing music from iPods. It can also change your listening habits since you don't need to sit in your allocated area with the amp attached by a wire to your head. It has the effect of making me a lot more 'experimental' with what I listen to since it's so accessible without the constraints of wireds.

With wireless systems, sound will not be the same (yet) as wired headphones, but sometimes, you just want something convenient to listen to while just .... Getting on. A bonus is if the headphone sounds good as far as Bluetooth allows.

The Ausdom M05 arrived in a very unassuming box. Smaller than I thought from pictures and is the current 'better' one in the Ausdom 'M' series. It uses Bluetooth v4.0 which saves on power, so this headphone will go for quite a long time between charges, and it does. Mine was on all day yesterday. It has four Bluetooth profiles as well as apt-x. This last one is often just added and many overlook it. It's a step in the right direction but transmitting devices have to catch up. It basically sends data in a less compressed format which has two benefits. First of all, it minimises latency, which is very important for TVs since there is less converting going on. Secondly, it can improve the quality of sound because again, there's less converting going on Both of these things depend on one thing ..... the device sending the signal MUST be apt-x as well. Many don't realise this and think that apt-x doesn't do anything as a result. Well, it doesn't if it's not switched on at both ends!!

I have an apt-x sender and I tried it with the M05 and guess what - good lip sync and crisper sound. It does work if used properly.

Wireless range is the usual 10 meters direct line of site and the M05 basically lines up with other Bluetooth sets in this respect. Standby time is a staggering 250 hours with 20 hours music playback time. That's the benefit of Bluetooth 4.0.

It connects via a supplied wire connection and the good thing is that it doesn't need to be switched on this way. It works passively. The connection is at the back of the left earcup. I found this curious with the M04s but soon found that it was actually fine and actually, in the garden with the lawn mower was better, because it was out of the way.

Connection is dead easy and logical. Next time you switch on, it connects with the last connected device without pairing. It even talks to you in the earcup!! There's a lady in there like my sat nav. Gave me a bit of a surprise when I first heard it and I refrained from replying. She speaks English, not Chinese. If she spoke Chinese, I might have freaked out!!

It's a good looker. Quite unassuming in appearance. The surfaces are rubberised and it has good pleather headband padding and earpads. It has a 'faux' graphite type of look and the backs of the cups are slightly padded. Actually, this protects it perhaps from weather and also knocks.

Pads are nice and soft. Pleather and fit over my ears. Seal is ok. Not brilliant but this is also meant to be used with a phone. Personally, I find it difficult not to shout on the phone if I'm wearing a totally closed headphone, so for me this is better. I don't shout!! Mic is on the front of the left earcup.

Overall, I'd say build is good; just like the build of the M04s is. It's sturdy which is a good thing for a headphone that in my case, will follow me around the garden and the shed where it might take some wear and tear.

The sound of this headphone is very good. With Bluetooth, I've come to expect lower standards than this and I was quite surprised at how balanced the M05 sounds. It is mellow, with no shriek in the treble, but is also actually quite extended up there. So you get good cymbal splashes and crisp consonants on speech. There is a slight roll off up there but really not severe.

Mids are really good. They sound pretty even to me and I'd say some of the best sounding mids I've heard on a Bluetooth headphone. This makes it sound more 'natural' than most. This is where most music 'sits' and gives the headphone presence. It is a warmish comfortable sound and my guess is that the mids are excellent on the M05, producing an effortless sound.

Bass is mellow and hits nicely. It's mostly upper bass and I feel that lower bass rolls away as many Bluetooth headphones do. There is no big mid bass hump in my opinion.  Maybe a mild raise in upper bass but not a lot. So from upper bass to lower treble, this headphone seems very balanced to me.

It comes with a charging cord (Micro usb), an audio connection lead and a rather nice, cushy bag to keep it nice and tidy.

Currently, prices vary, depending on where you buy them. If you are looking for a Bluetooth headphone, now is the time to get one if you fancy a try with the M05. I suspect that the lower prices, mostly in China just might not hold for too long. It's a bargain over in BestDeals. Really cheap for what you get. In the UK, it does appear in Amazon, but other than there, I haven't seen many Ausdom headphones around.

I like these. Not only the fit and feel of them, but also, the balanced sound that you get on a headphone that frees you up from that lead that ends up choking me when I mow the lawn!!

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #9 of 34
This looks similar to the MEElectronics Matrix2 I bought earlier this year and are also on InnerFidelity's wall of fame:

Ausdom has reached out to me to say that MEElectronics (now named MEE Audio) and Ausdom are related companies and share patents, but the headphones are built differently. I haven't heard these new M05 myself, but the Matrix2 was a good Bluetooth headphone.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 34
Wireless headphones, due to the way that bluetooth works, are a compromise as far as sound goes but the better ones are at least 'balanced' like the M05 is. It's not just the drivers, but also the way that bluetooth compresses (very often an already compressed file) to send and then has to uncompress at the headphone end. That's what causes the latency.

If you have an Apt-X sender though (Unfortunately, Ipods don't send it) then the compression no longer happens so there is no time lag to uncompress. Let alone the quality of the drivers themselves.

M04s seems to receive further away than the M05 but the m05 has a better sound. In room listening with the M05 is great. Garden listening with the M04s gives a better connection but sound becomes bassy and less extended.

I much prefer the M05.

I love not having wires in the way when doing some casual listening to music, radio or tv.

If you decide to get one, shop around. Prices seem to vary.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #13 of 34
  Wireless headphones, due to the way that bluetooth works, are a compromise as far as sound goes but the better ones are at least 'balanced' like the M05 is. It's not just the drivers, but also the way that bluetooth compresses (very often an already compressed file) to send and then has to uncompress at the headphone end. That's what causes the latency.

If you have an Apt-X sender though (Unfortunately, Ipods don't send it) then the compression no longer happens so there is no time lag to uncompress. Let alone the quality of the drivers themselves.

M04s seems to receive further away than the M05 but the m05 has a better sound. In room listening with the M05 is great. Garden listening with the M04s gives a better connection but sound becomes bassy and less extended.

I much prefer the M05.

I love not having wires in the way when doing some casual listening to music, radio or tv.

If you decide to get one, shop around. Prices seem to vary.

Good to know. I know that bluetooth will never give me my lossless quality, but if I can get a decent sound out of em when I want to avoid wires, I cannot complain :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #15 of 34
Comes from the same supplier and badged by two companies. It's on Tyll's wall of fame in the EE guise. So yes, same headphone.

It certainly sounds fine.

Well if it's the same headphone, then it supports AptX and also AAC over Bluetooth... So if an iPod/iPhone bought music from iTunes or imported music as AAC, that shouldn't need to be re-compressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back