B-52: Fully balanced headphone amplifier and full functioning preamplifier
Dec 1, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #19 of 75
I mailed my check to Ray today to purchase a B-52 amplifier.

The combination of features and Ray's exceptional manufacturing/build qualities made this headphone amp/preamp very suitable for my needs. I have no doubt that it will be a sonically superior product, based on the experience to date.

Aryaah

Dec 1, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #20 of 75
Well my ears are feeling better and I spent the day off today to do some music listening. as a headphone amp its very neutral. some recordings sound way to much mids, others sound way to many highs, other to much bass..

then I firgured out I need to turn the volume down, after that it got really smooth and easy. speaking of volume she has some power to her. tops I can go is 10 oclock using senn600's. as a pre I listened to a few lp's today and enjoyed every second! very wide soundstage is the first thing you notice.. very nice mids with bass thats not upfront but in its place and low to the ground.

I am not wowed by the b52 but I really have not compared her to the ca-2 directly yet..like I said I just listened to some music and enjoyed her company today. I mean I am not the type to kiss on the first date if ya get what I am saying...hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mailed my check to Ray today to purchase a B-52 amplifier.

The combination of features and Ray's exceptional manufacturing/build qualities made this headphone amp/preamp very suitable for my needs. I have no doubt that it will be a sonically superior product, based on the experience to date.

Aryaah

Once I get my link card in (Ill food stamp) Then I can maybe buy some tubes to roll and we then can do a tube rolling thread..

Dec 2, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #22 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no need for a headphone amp like this but I would love to have something similar nice looking for my home speakers.

This is a great preamp and will be hard to find much better for your speaker system. The Headphone driving is just a plus.

Dec 4, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #23 of 75
Ray congratulations, this is a nice piece of technology, soundwise (I heard it briefly in the NYC meeting) and of course the manufacture as usual in all your products top notch...Honestly it is really really hard to imagine anything manufactured in a similar way from a such small company....You are simply insane!!!

Dec 5, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #24 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray congratulations, this is a nice piece of technology, soundwise (I heard it briefly in the NYC meeting) and of course the manufacture as usual in all your products top notch...Honestly it is really really hard to imagine anything manufactured in a similar way from a such small company....You are simply insane!!!

Thank you my friend for your kind words.
Till we meet again...
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Dec 5, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #25 of 75
Amazing piece of high end audio gear. I had the pleasure of giving it a brief test ride at the South Florida meet this weekend. It sounds as beautiful as it looks! As a headphone amp alone, it's worth more than the asking price IMO, and I've yet to hear what it can do as a preamp. Thankfully, I'm not in the market for either a headphone amp or a preamp, or my wallet would most certainly take a hit.

Dec 6, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #26 of 75
No phono
frown.gif

Why?

Dec 6, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #27 of 75
I fully agree with Wayne. I listened closely to the B52 at the South Florida meet, using a single ended R10, and a balanced DT880. In the single ended mode, Ray's B52's performance was similar to that of my upgraded Supra SDS. As for the B52s sound in balance mode, it sounded terrific through a balanced DT880. So, it's clear that Ray's B52 is a truly exceptional amp. As to its cosmetic appearance, it is a really beautiful piece of equipment that can be proudly placed in the finest audio setups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazing piece of high end audio gear. I had the pleasure of giving it a brief test ride at the South Florida meet this weekend. It sounds as beautiful as it looks! As a headphone amp alone, it's worth more than the asking price IMO, and I've yet to hear what it can do as a preamp. Thankfully, I'm not in the market for either a headphone amp or a preamp, or my wallet would most certainly take a hit.

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #28 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by studeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No phono
frown.gif

Why?

We do have the Emmeline XR-10B, balanced phono stage, nominated by Sterteophile meg. as product of the year, available. If teamed with the B-52 pre-amp/headphone amp, you will truely be in for a great vinyl bliss.
Ray Samuels

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #29 of 75
Mr. Samuels,

i am quite aware of the XR-10B but, being an old fart, i still prefer the one box kind of solution. That's all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We do have the Emmeline XR-10B, balanced phono stage, nominated by $tereophile mag. as product of the year, available. If teamed with the B-52 pre-amp/headphone amp, you will truely be in for a great vinyl bliss.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back