Bass heavy IEM better than ATH CKS 77 ???
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sameesamdon

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I recently bought ATH CKS 77 on line. It arrived today but my first impression is not that very good in favor of it. 
I have JVC explosives, SOny XB 500.. the bass amount of ATH CKS 77 does not meet my expectations. But I admire it cos of the clarity it produces.

Can you guys suggest a few more bass heavy (both punchy bass and boomy bass- I do not know the technical terms ) IEMs that would be better than CKS 77?? (if you have had any experience with CKS 77 you would know what I mean I guess )

I am not looking for an analytical kind of IEM. Soundstage is also important. 

The sound signature of the IEM should be close to what you hear in Denon 1100 ( which I have listened to )

I care about the comfort too.. 

Hope someone can help.

Cheers! 

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi Guys,

The problem has been with the seal. I tried some other tips(Bigger ones) that came with the ATH CKS 77 and the sound quality and the bass got immensely improved. Also, I installed n7 player on my Xperia (Actually I bought it from google play store for 3 USD ). THe quality of the player is far better than the Sony Walkman player comes with the Xperia.

I can now safely say that ATH CKS 77 is superior to my apple ear buds, JVC explosives too. It's a true bassy IEM..

Thank you very much..

Cheers!!

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I was gonna say if cks77 isnt enough bass we may have a problem. Another option is zero audio carbo basso or cks 1000. The basso is very comfy as well as good bass

Many thanks for your response.. Yes CKS 77 is pretty awesome now.. However, I have to use the biggest tips came with it to get the maximum bass output and wearing them is very uncomfy :frowning2: :frowning2: Are there any comfy tips I can purchase for these? (They should have a good seal too )

Please let me know if you know anything on this>

Thanks mate :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back