Battery & screws replacement of iFi iDSD Black Label
Apr 22, 2022 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

burningv

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Y'all,

My Black Label is well out-of-warranty, but trying to get this serviced to have the battery and screws replaced is a complete joke. I initially messaged iFi's support mid-December to have them replace my battery. Their Technical Support Assistant, Jon, responded to my query and asked me if I could fit the battery myself. To which I responded, "no" as I do not have the necessary technical skills to replace such a battery. After the New Year, he quoted £89.95 for the battery and £25 postage and that I might be required to pay an import duty. I asked him if I could insure the package as I had been previously told not to (most likely so that they wouldn't be charged for importing the device to the UK by customs) and asked him what the declared value of the package is. No answer.

3 weeks later, I got a response that they had been trying to contact one of their distributors to fit the battery for me. A month later, Jon asked me if I required a replacement as they had been waiting for a shipment of batteries to be dispatched to the EU, and I said "of course," and told him that I would not be able to pay for a replacement battery until April because my mortgage rate instalments had increased significantly. Nearly a month later, Jon responded saying that their batteries had been delivered to the EU and had found a distributor who might be able to fit the battery for me. This was excellent news as I thought that this painstakingly long process would be coming to end. However, that couldn't be further from the truth. I asked Jon if they could send some additional screws to their distributor since 2 screws were missing from the Black Label with one becoming very loose. 2 weeks later Jon mentioned that they found a distributor who could definitely fit the battery, but the screws would be an issue. At my wits end, I reminded him if he could inquire about having the distributor replace the screws on the Black Label. I still haven't heard back from him.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Well obviously you'll do as you please but the fact is that Covid-19 has left the World in a big mess and there is nothing that retailers or distributors or manufacturers can do about it until supply lines sort themselves out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back