Beats Pro, Denon ah d400, or V Moda M100/lp2?
Feb 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

manny27

New Head-Fier
Hey you guys I'm new to the site and headphones in general so please forgive my ignorance I'm trying to get better lol. Now I've only owned in ears so this over ear thing is all new to me. I think I've got it down to choosing between the Beats pro, Denon AH D400 or the V Moda m100 or LP2. I'm looking for a headphone with a good punchy subwoofer type bass without too much distortion nor too much compromise of mids and highs. If none of these fit the bill then any other headphone suggestion is welcome. Keep in mind these will be my first headphones. Can anyone give any input as to how these perform as well as comfort? 

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 8
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/image/v-moda-m-100-shadow

I think it's worth waiting, these sound like they'll be great with all the new side plates 
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 8
Ultrasone is also known for some pretty bass heavy offerings. Take a look at the pro 900. The Beats don't sound good, and the swivel hinge has been known to sever the wires in the headphones and render them useless.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks, they look really nice, I'll definitely take these into consideration. To get the best sound of these would an amp help or is it fine with the portable device on its on?

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 8
That article is over a year old - everything it'd discussing exists, except the woodgrain snap-on plates (and afaik all V-MODA headphones have exchangeable plates). I don't know much about the sound though - reviewers seem to like them. *shrug*

The only headphones you've mentioned that I've actually tried are the Beats Pro, and I really can't suggest them - they'll deliver the sound you want (maybe not the best, sonically, but they'll do it), but they're very uncomfortable and very expensive. I like the PRO900 suggestion, because they're not just "boom boom boom" bass cannons, come with nice accessories, and cost less. They're also comfortable. :)

If you don't have that much to spend, or just want to keep more money in your pocket, I'd also suggest the Koss Ruk50. They have roughly equivalent bass slam, are relatively comfortable, and sound good enough for the price (I'd regard them as about on-par with the Beats Pro, or a bit better, sonically - much better comfort/fit). If you can live with the looks, I'd say they're worth a legitimate look. Much less money and very decent performers.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks alot :) I just happened to find that article without really paying attention to the date, oops lol. I'll take a more detailed look on the Pro900, this all still new to me 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back