Beats studios are not overpriced.
Oct 9, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 111
Here we go again...
popcorn.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #18 of 111

Quote:
Everyone here says oh they should be $100 - $150 , nonsense.
If you look at the market they are competing with , the Sony NC500D , Bose QC , Sennheiser 380 the Beats are actually well priced to beat them all.
SQ wise only the NC500D are better imo.

Beats are noise cancelling headphones, as such they are well priced.

lol.

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #20 of 111

Quote:
And so speaks the voice of headfi.

Opinion , look it up.

this place is less than useful at the moment.

"I need portables , for going to work?"

"m50"

"I need some in ears"

" no you don't , get m50"

"I like phones that are sterile , non bassy and comfy"

" m50 "

You forgot the mention that in all those threads you are mentioning the OP has said that their price range is $100-150.  That's where the m50 gets recommended so don't make it seem like that's all anyone recommends.  

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #22 of 111

Quote:
The Studios are often on sale for $196 fyi.

considering the V-Moda Crossfades are also $199 all the time (Amazon) and destroy the Beats in audio quality, I'd say the Studio's need to come down some more.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #23 of 111
This is what happens when you slap a "big" name on a product. It's like Sigma vs Canon lenses.
The Beats have its market, rich non-audiophiles. And Monster gets loads of money from them. Also Bose.
Oh yeah, and:
deadhorse.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #24 of 111
Yeah, ever thought about Bonaqua, which is not so different from tap water? But just because it is bottled by CocaCola, they can charge $5 a bottle, and I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #25 of 111

Quote:
considering the V-Moda Crossfades are also $199 all the time (Amazon) and destroy the Beats in audio quality, I'd say the Studio's need to come down some more.

Couldn't say, anything w/ active noise cancelling sounds crap to me.  
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #26 of 111
i have heard beats studio in person, and i think it's an okay headphone. what i find uncomfortable with it is that monster takes average comsumers as a complete idiot by saying "let's you hear the music meant to be heard in the studio". i kind disgussted by it. to me, BS are overpriced.

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #27 of 111
this is a flame retardant post

I think what the op is trying to say is that since the beats are noise cancelling they are not over priced since noise cancelling headphones are often very expensive.  However, I do think that they should not cost 350 dollars, more like 200 or less.  The beats are noise cancelling and they do their job in that aspect.  Sound quality is not the best but youre just paying for marketing and the noise cancellation 

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #28 of 111
Yes, that's a really stupid statement, and why would anyone need noise cancelation in a studio?

Quote:
i have heard beats studio in person, and i think it's an okay headphone. what i find uncomfortable with it is that monster takes average comsumers as a complete idiot by saying "let's you hear the music meant to be heard in the studio". i kind disgussted by it. to me, BS are overpriced.

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #29 of 111
Ah... For studio headphones, AKG has a line, beyer has a line (PRO), even some mid-range Senneheiser may be used (HD280 and such).
And NC phones... PXC450 NC500D all excellent.
Whole thing about Beats is just the name.

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #30 of 111
If the Beats were not made by monster and endorsed by Dr. Dre. I'm sure they will be worth around $50, maybe $100 tops. I'm sure the price you'e paying is for the name. There are so many decent headphones that beats the Beats at a lower price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back