Behold! The World's Least Practical Headphones!
Aug 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ssrock64

Headphoneus Supremus

It's 600 ohms and not sensitive in the least. It has a one-foot cable with a coil that will snap your neck if you attempt to extend it. It has vaguely rectangular earpads that an ear can neither fit in or rest on top of the ear. It's made by a company the specializes in batch orders, "education" equipment, and 5.1 sets. It has the build quality of a 1980's Chinese child's toy, which is fitting since the production of the headphone probably dates back that far. It has too much sideways bulk to be viable to use while moving, though the cord keeps you tethered only inches away from your source anyways. Its aforementioned rectangular pads are made of a magical plastic that is at once rough and slippery. And, not the least of the worries about it, it sounds absolutely horrid. I give you, the Hamilton Electronics HA-5!

​
Listening to Duke Thompson was an experiment in how many frequency ranges can go completely missing on a headphone. Piano and brass was there one moment, and gone the next. In addition, the former instrument had a harshness about it that I've never heard from any other headphone. Each litte note, wherever on the piano it fell, turned into high-pitched screechiness within a split second. Putting on some more modern music (Jonsi's Go), I experienced a new level of sonic pain as instruments and electronic sounds mushed together. It was unbearably loud and harsh, yet at the same time had such a detachment that the headphones seemed underpowered by a full system. This is truly the worst full-size headphone I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

And the worst part? I still can't stop coming back for more.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 18
lolwut is this

Aug 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 18
how is this one?

translated for lulz.. its magic!

Magic is a device popular in the city, can receive with information from the brain and music refers to a direct link to (Magic Vacuum Tube) tube magic in the socket. The birth of musical expression originally derived result was the development by the control emotion by its technology, the technology of Ultra High Frequency (chair) has been based on Montauk chair. Research, such as represented by an approximate finite-dimensional variable or infinite-dimensional diagonalization is complicated by the frequency modulation (such as joy and sorrow, for example) ground state has been made necessary to control emotions. Infinite dimensional space of the ground state of this spirit is also present in research and research that can be converted to be equivalent to the scale of musical expression Harmonia, Harmonia spatial scale that is located lower in the inside space of the ground state of the spirit .
Circuit of vacuum tube headphone is a non-linear characteristic is a strong yet very primitive. Its properties depend on the type of vacuum tube magic can be expressed approximately in a complex matrix that acts to the ground state of mind, some parameters are to be mounted. While many completely linear output device, are aimed at individual behavior so that the experimental exploration and stimulation of a new expression is that you do not dare to be faithful to the input.
Vacuum tube magic because it is a debt stock, the current distribution is very low. That at the time of 22,000 years has been developed vacuum tube magic are traded expensive.
Headphone tube is made based on the circuit structure was used for musical expression by sound of the past, by mounting the tube primitive normal, also used as a headphone of music by sound can. Space of the music is converted depending on the type of vacuum tube. (Sound quality varies depending on the type of vacuum tube that is)
(Dead stock) are supplied with ancient vacuum tube called "1L4" The package of this headphone.

Feature
· Use in music other than music is usually possible (brain) spirit.
Sound quality will change slightly in that the visceral tube amplifier on both channels, change the type of vacuum tube.
Is considerably less heat generation and battery-powered is possible.
· We have to use a LAN cable ultra high-end low noise.
· Housing material: Magnesium alloy Material: / frame anodized billet aluminum alloy surface

Previous sentence is included in this fiction. Is the following note.
※ vacuum tube magic on the planet does not exist in the present and past. Will only use your music applications.
※ It will actually work in part by technology or more advanced companies are being collected and have been made within the range that can be a safety consideration. However, if security is to be used for not so by accident of this work, please use at your own risk.

Product has been made on the electrical product does not meet the criteria incorporated in the work of representation by the fictitious electric company. It is forced to distribute to image electrical products, such as fiction and free to the general that can not be distribution is ultimately by removing dare to bind the existing product as an axis fancy philosophy and scientific advanced has to exist as a symbol. A commitment to work with such a concept model hard over the hand and the final goal difference "distribution and sale", and the real world a world of fantasy is linked for the first time, works as if it were a picture of the view of the world as a canvas for the society the real world because that is aiming to create.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 18
I will pass judgement on that one until I can understand its description. It seems that somebody took it upon themselves to craft an audiophile's version of the current built-in-amp fad phones that are on the market.

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 18
oh, OP's cans are used in elementary schools for listening to books on tape, for kids who need help reading. i've worn those cans before, in kindergarten, and I hated the sound quality of them. I had my dad drop me off at school with some decent cans and a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter to fit into the giant plugs :p

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:
oh, OP's cans are used in elementary schools for listening to books on tape, for kids who need help reading. i've worn those cans before, in kindergarten, and I hated the sound quality of them. I had my dad drop me off at school with some decent cans and a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter to fit into the giant plugs :p

Now that I think about it, I may have used them to take my driver's test, too.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
And the worst part? I still can't stop coming back for more.

Spoken like a true head-fier
L3000.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 18
Spoken like a true head-fier:L3000:

I do that with music. As my signature states, I'll listen to mushed-up 20kbps drone music all day long, even though I hate the genre. I just find all kinds of audio and presentations thereof so interesting.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
I do that with music. As my signature states, I'll listen to mushed-up 20kbps drone music all day long, even though I hate the genre. I just find all kinds of audio and presentations thereof so interesting.

In the name of head-fi....

...or masochism?

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

In that case you should do yourself a favor and look up some Naked City CD's from John Zorn.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #11 of 18

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #14 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back