Benjie Offical Thread
Dec 22, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #2,056 of 2,126
Benjie X10... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_53
Any takers? Who's gonna be the guinea pig??
Glad they went back to BT4.0 as either the 5.0 chips that are good is too costly for them to use yet or it all is sub-par. Either way they are all going back to more stable stuff and touting that it is stable.

Ruizu H1 is a nice piece of kit but the BT5.0 ruins it's usability. My other Ruizu players with 4.2 and 4.1 are very good for BT. Newer than H1 players like the Benjie have also gone back to 4.0 as well.
This pretty much makes it a no-go for me.
Why use Android if you can't take advantage of it?
IMG_20191222_101741.jpg

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,059 of 2,126
Maybe they mean that it has no Google play store but you might be able to side load apps?

benjie.jpg

Looking at the navigation button at the bottom of the screen , it's Android 4.

I don't think it's a good idea to have the possiblity to install apps on it ...
I thought these kind of devices usually only let you install apps via APK files; wasn't even dreaming of Google Play store. And they specifically mentioned that external apps aren't supported.
I'm really wondering, what could be other benefits of such an Android device, especially if it uses a really old software version.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #2,060 of 2,126
I thought these kind of devices usually only let you install apps via APK files; wasn't even dreaming of Google Play store. And they specifically mentioned that external apps aren't supported.
I'm really wondering, what could be other benefits of such an Android device, especially if it uses a really old software version.
I wonder if the device can be rooted. Can open up a wide range of possibilities, I miiiiiight be a guinea pig, it's a tempting prospect. But if it's impossible to even install apps by transferring APKs or the like...

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #2,063 of 2,126
Hi..
I wanted to take the benjie S5 (because I liked the color > metal grey) (the S8 is only in black I think)
has the S8 improved over the S5? If yes, what improvements?
thx.
The screen is the main difference - coloured vs black and white. S8 also has BT 4.0. Soundwise they should be on the same level, as both devices share the same SoC.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #2,066 of 2,126
These big-screen devices look powerhungry to me. Would like to have my T6 with better battery and round edges. Soundwise I really like the T6.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #2,069 of 2,126
I don't think the chip information is available anywhere, but for more details on the player I'd suggest checking this AGPTEK product page. It's their equivalent of the X10 with the same specification, but, most likely, better firmware. Seems like it runs at least on Android 6.1 and allows for external apps installation. I might be wrong about that last part, though.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #2,070 of 2,126
I had a response from a seller on AliExpress and all he could told me that the X10 and the new Yescool M200 share the same chipset which is MTK and that's it.

Seller also recommended me the Yescool over the Benjie as it has a bigger battery and some apps can be side loaded and none can be sideloaded on the X10 apparently.

I ordered the Yescool model so have to wait for it to arrive as it was a gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back