Benjie Offical Thread
Oct 19, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #1,636 of 2,126
Hey mate Liverpool fan from down under lol. Could it be an issue that the files are to big? Is it formatted as a fat 32 partition?

Correct me if i'm wrong fat32 can handle up to 4gb of single file. I don't think size is the issue. Rodgers in Celtic, right? And please avoid wav if possible, large size and no id tag support. Flac and alac are, imho, preferable in terms of size and manageability.

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #1,637 of 2,126
Hey mate Liverpool fan from down under lol. Could it be an issue that the files are to big? Is it formatted as a fat 32 partition?
I formatted both the original 64g and the new 128g the same way, (ridgecorp fat32), and the 128g with around 80gig of .wav is running fine. Both are Kingston sd cards. So I'll just use the 64g card for something else.
YNWA.

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,638 of 2,126
I can only speak for the Benjie X1, but my experience with it has not been pleasant. If you check out the previous posts on this thread you can find what I said about it. Long story short, the interface is quite buggy at times, sometimes it gets stuck at the screen where it says you have to hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn off the player, and when I try to play music from the internal storage or my SD card there's a very noticable buzzing sound in the background which SERIOUSLY distracts me from my music. The same noise can be heard even when the volume is set to zero (so it's definitely not my music at fault here) and I can hear a small but still notable buzzing sound every time I press a button to navigate my folders on my SD card. Soundwise it sounds a tad tinny but maybe it's because I'm using the KZ ZS5 V1's, which I hear are very source dependant.

I'm just gonna give the product the benefit of the doubt and say that it's probably defective (I just got a response this morning from my seller about my request for a refund; they don't want to give my money back apparently :frowning2:) but I love the overall feel of the UI and build quality so much that I'm willing to buy another from a different seller to see if things end up differently.

I feel sorry for what you experienced, I hope you get a better unit.
BTW, I've got Benjie X1 today, the sound produced is good and build quality feels solid for budget DAP. I also hear sounds like clock ticking and like duck squacking while navigating menu :confused: but those sound is very small and does not interfere when playing music, i'm using iem takstar hi1200 and tfz 1s.
sorry bad english

How many hours you have to charge until the battery is full again?
Should i update X1 firmware ?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #1,639 of 2,126
Hi, have anyone tried Benjie's piece? Is it any good, or decent to say the least?
I'm looking for this for a runner, but can't trace the availability
http://www.benjie-tx.com/wap/BluetoothEarphone/222.html

Built in 8 Gb is a selling point.

Also R1 as an alternative, which is easy to be found. Is this any good? I don't expect these things to be longlasting and I won't care much for great sound quality while exercising.
It'll be a total waste to my armband and my OEM version of Benjie C20 but i don't mind trade a few more bucks for portability.

Oct 30, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #1,640 of 2,126
Hey guys I'm thinking of buying a benjie k9 as a backup to my phone but need to know a few things before buying. I'm planning on using a 128gb micro sd which all my music will be on will the k9 accept 128gb micro sd and play off micro sd ok? Is there any kind of file limit? As I have roughly 7000 songs and growing and I know a lot of cheaper daps in particular have file limits. Also is there a shuffle all feature? I listen to my music on with my entire collection on shuffle 99% of the time so this is important to me. Thanks to anyone that helps :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,645 of 2,126
I received my Benjie X1 a couple of days ago as a replacement for my iPod 5g and Neco Soundlabs V3 portable-but-not-very setup.
Soundwise it's a surprise. I am certainly no audiophile so expect no fantastic review but the sound of it surprised me in a very positive way. The X1 is coupled with my trusty Koss KSC75 and I've loaded it up with the 320kbps mp3 albums I had on the iPod and there is some difference in sound but it's perfectly fine.

The combination sounds a bit more muffled than the ipod+neco does. Also the soundstage is a bit less good. But considering I can actually carry this setup around in my pocket I'm fine with that. It's a tradeoff and a very good one. The Neco is for sale if someone's interested :wink:

The interface of the X1 is archaic but it does work after some getting used to. The screen is sufficient, I can see the album cover but 1.8" is tiny. They say the screen is OLED but to me it looks more like a cheap LED screen. Not sure if there's actually an OLED in there or not...

Battery life is great. Hours on end, I've used it for 2 hours and the battery indicator was still at 100% and that's with quite some changing songs through the interface. Getting songs on it is quite slow. It's probaby USB2.0 still. I haven't checked but it sure doesn't feel like USB 3.0.

I think this player will stay with me for a couple of years. It does the trick. It sounds great enough ^_^ and it can play lossless files. Awesome deal.

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #1,646 of 2,126
I received my Benjie X1 a couple of days ago as a replacement for my iPod 5g and Neco Soundlabs V3 portable-but-not-very setup.
Soundwise it's a surprise. I am certainly no audiophile so expect no fantastic review but the sound of it surprised me in a very positive way. The X1 is coupled with my trusty Koss KSC75 and I've loaded it up with the 320kbps mp3 albums I had on the iPod and there is some difference in sound but it's perfectly fine.

The combination sounds a bit more muffled than the ipod+neco does. Also the soundstage is a bit less good. But considering I can actually carry this setup around in my pocket I'm fine with that. It's a tradeoff and a very good one. The Neco is for sale if someone's interested :wink:

The interface of the X1 is archaic but it does work after some getting used to. The screen is sufficient, I can see the album cover but 1.8" is tiny. They say the screen is OLED but to me it looks more like a cheap LED screen. Not sure if there's actually an OLED in there or not...

Battery life is great. Hours on end, I've used it for 2 hours and the battery indicator was still at 100% and that's with quite some changing songs through the interface. Getting songs on it is quite slow. It's probaby USB2.0 still. I haven't checked but it sure doesn't feel like USB 3.0.

I think this player will stay with me for a couple of years. It does the trick. It sounds great enough ^_^ and it can play lossless files. Awesome deal.

As the Koss KCS75 are high impendance headphones, I doubt you heard any ticking background noise by any chance while playing music from the internal/SD card storage? May I ask that you turn the volume all the way down to zero and listen closely for said noise? I've been using low impendance iems (KZ ATE, ZS5, etc. which are roughly 16 Ohms) and have been hearing seriously distracting noise, so if you have any lower impendance earbuds of the sort (try the ones that came with the box, for example) could you please try them on the player as well to see if you hear it?

Using your answer I could conclude on whether to buy high impendance headphones/iems to get the most awesome experience with the Benjie X1. As I've already said on this thread, the build quality is stellar (and the battery life too, like you said, is great) and thus I REALLY want to use it as my main player instead of my old, worn down AGPtek IMP! Thank you! :D

Nov 3, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #1,647 of 2,126
I've turned the volume all the way down. No noise. I did hear some soft ticks when I turned the volume down though. I've also heard some ticks when I navigated through the menu once before but didn't think much of it. When navigating while playing music I hear no ticks though. I will test with a Shure SHR440 this weekend too. Won't make a difference I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back