Benjie Offical Thread
Nov 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #1,651 of 2,126
Does anyone know a trick to get the player to start loading tracks from the sd card instead of the internal memory?
By default the internal memory is 'selected' and you'll only see the tracks on there. Not the ones on the external micro sd card. It's now one of my biggest gripes with my new X1 friend. I now first have to go to the 'browse by folder' menu option, select the external sd card, start a song and only after that I can use the 'browse by artist' menu option to select tracks on the external sd card. In between reboots this is remembered by the device. So that makes it less of a big deal for me. But still...

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #1,652 of 2,126
I do not own X1 but in possesion of C20. In my experience the processor is not powerful enough to handle huge library. It's struggling enough when internal storage storage reaches certain amount of content capacity. So rather than merge library from external data I could actually accept the current situation. I mean, the waiting time of library update is getting very painful to the point I have to move most of internal data to CF. T6 feels a lot faster, however it lacks internal storage.

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #1,653 of 2,126
I bought the K9 for my partner she doesn't listen top much music. I prefer the sound on the X1 you get the equalizer use. I think the X1 sounds the best compared to the S5 and the K9 but the S5 and X1 are really similiar but the K9 seems worse it doesn't sound as good as the others. Its weird its using the same chip set but maybe a different set up internally. I am sure the K9 and X1 have the same sized screen any way you may want to look into the Benjie T6? I do not have the k9 with me its at her house so i can not take any pics.

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #1,655 of 2,126
Hi Folks,
I've been very happy with my s5, it's great value for money, but I have one little issue with it. I'd prefer it to have a bigger screen. I've tried the x1 and don't like it. Could anyone tell me if the k9 has the same sound quality as the s5?

I can't speak for the 9 as I don't have that model but the T6 is very close to S5:wink: Larger screen but T6 has sharper corners if you keep it in tour pocket!

Killa Budget.JPG

:scream: My apologies Anthony, I'm a bald faced lair:cold_sweat:

I did buy the K9 way back when and it is nothing like S5/T6 at any level and the built in speaker sux but does go with it's build and sound! For sure go with the T6, it's the X1 I can't comment on as I went another direction after getting the T6/K9:wink:

Deliciously Cheap.JPG

Now I remember, another cheap Chinese DAP lover said I should try this X11 and it is better than the K9 but you can't even find this one anymore:thinking: Built as good as the K9, sounds better and has a 2.4" screen as opposed to a 1.8" (Only accepts a 64GB MSD but for $25)

Thirty Dollar Rig.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,656 of 2,126
I bought the K9 for my partner she doesn't listen top much music. I prefer the sound on the X1 you get the equalizer use. I think the X1 sounds the best compared to the S5 and the K9 but the S5 and X1 are really similiar but the K9 seems worse it doesn't sound as good as the others. Its weird its using the same chip set but maybe a different set up internally. I am sure the K9 and X1 have the same sized screen any way you may want to look into the Benjie T6? I do not have the k9 with me its at her house so i can not take any pics.

I've found the K9 to be pretty similar sound wise to the S5. They're all in same class as the sansa clip+ (though the benjies tend to be more powerful). I've not heard the T6 to compare it to. The biggest knock on the K9 is the lack of dedicated volume buttons. But once you get used to it, it's easy to do without looking.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #1,657 of 2,126
Now I remember, another cheap Chinese DAP lover said I should try this X11 and it is better than the K9 but you can't even find this one anymore:thinking: Built as good as the K9, sounds better and has a 2.4" screen as opposed to a 1.8" (Only accepts a 64GB MSD but for $25)
I've seen this one on ebay for around £35, but wasn't so sure about it, so I'm giving the Agptek m28 a try.

Nov 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1,658 of 2,126
I would think the T6 has upgraded hardware? It can play higher resolution music? I wonder if its worth it go get a Fiio X1-II compared to these considering i do not listen to much lossless music?

I was looking at the Ruizu A50 it looks cool. Bigger screen than these players.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,659 of 2,126
I would think the T6 has upgraded hardware? It can play higher resolution music? I wonder if its worth it go get a Fiio X1-II compared to these considering i do not listen to much los

I was looking at the Ruizu A50 it looks cool. Bigger screen than these players.

If you don't mind sharp edges and corners, I think you should give T6 a go. Regardless the usage, it supports high res music like dsf, flac, alac and also more powerful chip for better sound reproduction and faster library processing.

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #1,660 of 2,126
Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my listening experience, as I am experiencing some hissing and static on some songs playing with my phone - OnePlus 3T. Otherwise, it plays decently loud and is, IMO, above average in sound for a smartphones output (better than S7).

I was wondering if I would get a better listening experience with just the X1/S5? If not, I can bump up my budget for a $40-60 price bracket and get the BJ-T6/A50ruizu. My goal here is to get the most noticable improvement (no hisses/static, better clarity, cleaner sound), while not breaking bank. I am also open to suggestions for other DAPs.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,661 of 2,126
Always resisted getting on the Benjie train. Just saw the new version of the S5 pop up on Penon yesterday and bought one. I did ask a couple of questions first. Comes with the same earbuds that people seem to like. They checked out the info they had but nothing on how much more headphone driving power is over the $2 cheaper S5:) Just notice it says not OLED screen but now a Samsung AMOLED screen. Not sure the point of that supposed upgrade. Very odd and not sure what to make of it but for $28, WTH!

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #1,662 of 2,126
Always resisted getting on the Benjie train. Just saw the new version of the S5 pop up on Penon yesterday and bought one. I did ask a couple of questions first. Comes with the same earbuds that people seem to like. They checked out the info they had but nothing on how much more headphone driving power is over the $2 cheaper S5:) Just notice it says not OLED screen but now a Samsung AMOLED screen. Not sure the point of that supposed upgrade. Very odd and not sure what to make of it but for $28, WTH!
It's got Bluetooth. I think that's the only difference for the extra $2.

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,664 of 2,126
Nov 21, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #1,665 of 2,126
I'm rather new to this thread and the Benjie K9 and I have a few questions…
1 Is the IQQ X02 the same?
2 Is there an Android solution to the file sorting issue? I see there are a few Windows apps that will modify the timestamp to match the alphabetical order. Is there a best app? Will those Windows apps modify the internal memory also or just the SD card?
3 From playing with the player I see I can choose between internal memory or the SD card. I assume that everyone just ignores the internal memory? Or is there a reasonable use for it?
4 I am a bit unsure about flashing the AGPTEK firmware. It seems like it will offer some improvement. But I'll need a Windows machine to install the m07 firmware? And did I get the AGPTEK model number correct that corresponds to the K9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back