Beoplay E8
Jun 18, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #556 of 581
How does B&O e8 3.0 isolate the surrounding sound? They don't have ANC feature, but I suppose if I turn transparency mode off the isolation could be decent (?).

Is the fit highly improved over the 2.0 to allow running and other sports without any concerns of losing one ear?

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #557 of 581
How does B&O e8 3.0 isolate the surrounding sound? They don't have ANC feature, but I suppose if I turn transparency mode off the isolation could be decent (?).

Is the fit highly improved over the 2.0 to allow running and other sports without any concerns of losing one ear?
To my ears, they are doing pretty well without ANC, provided you get the right seal. I use Comply True Grip Pro. I have also vs. 1 and think they are identical with vs. 2 in terms of shape. The 3.0 sits better in my ears, good when walking, I.e. not to much “rumble” when stepping. Have not used them for sports, prefer Jaybird Vista, they sit rock solid.

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #558 of 581
I don't really run with them, but they hold solid in my ears and they do very well isolating sound. I can still hear when cars approach at the other end of the street, but they isolate well. I use the Comply Sport Pro foam, my knock on them is that they make it harder to place the buds in the case to turn the buds off. Every so often I find out one or both are still powered on in my case hours after I come back from a walk.

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #559 of 581
To my ears, they are doing pretty well without ANC, provided you get the right seal. I use Comply True Grip Pro. I have also vs. 1 and think they are identical with vs. 2 in terms of shape. The 3.0 sits better in my ears, good when walking, I.e. not to much “rumble” when stepping. Have not used them for sports, prefer Jaybird Vista, they sit rock solid.
Thanks, sounds good enough for my use. In my cases I am lucky to get a good seal with various IEMs, hopefully this one won't make an exception :)

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #560 of 581

If your wife are watching TV in room, you can listen to your music.
I use E8 in public bathroom of Japanese during bath.
E8 block external sound good enough for daily.
But if you are in a flight, ANC is better

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #562 of 581
Hi everybody .i am using beoplay e8 2.0 stardust blue edition. i am still on firmware 5.3.0 i have tried everything but not getting update 5.6.0
My e8 2.0 crashes, or it hasn't updated to 5.6.0 yet ?
Thank you everyone

Sep 17, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #564 of 581
Hello

For E8, how do I fit in the earbuds to the IEM, do I push them all the way in?
Not exactly sure of what you mean? It is very important to get a good fit with these. I find that the comply foam true grip are very good. Basically, I would say that the e8 would should go rather deep to get a proper fit. However, that holds true for other of my items too. Comply foams may be adjusted after a little while as they tend to sneak out, but I am quite happy...:smile_phones:

Sep 17, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #565 of 581
Not exactly sure of what you mean? It is very important to get a good fit with these. I find that the comply foam true grip are very good. Basically, I would say that the e8 would should go rather deep to get a proper fit. However, that holds true for other of my items too. Comply foams may be adjusted after a little while as they tend to sneak out, but I am quite happy...:smile_phones:

hello do you know which true grip fits e8 ? The below website doesn’t list e8 in the truegrip series

https://www.complyfoam.com/truegrip/

thanks for your help

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #566 of 581
Sep 26, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #567 of 581
Just updated the fw for the e8 3rd Ed. B&O mentions that audio should be improved. Have any of you experienced this? I haven’t yet checked thoroughly enough....

Mar 18, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #569 of 581
Thank You So Much! I always felt there is some missing link on my E8 1 Gen. I tried your equalizer setting and boom, everything sound right now!

Great Tips!

BTW, do you have a screenshot of your equalizer again since the app updated to the circular zone.

Regards Wayne
I strongly recommend this setting for E8v2 exclude
Adapt sound is belong to my ear's hearing (but you can do for your ears).

By combine of eq on E8 itself, eq & sound adaptive on my smartphone, I get very best of sq.
I do surprise by the result!!!
(I use hd800s, shure kse1500 and 1200, so I know some good level of sq)

Condition: Samsung galaxy Note8
(I know how Ss device responding to EQing but I am sure on other model such as Note10, S10...).

Benefit:
+ Huge headstage!
+ Extremely flat respond from 35Hz to 5500Hz! This is most importance range of frequency.
At 30Hz it is still quite flat.
Since around 6k is human's peak resonance, from 5500 it start rise up, but narrow band.
There's only that peak untill 13.5k.
Not only flat, LR channel is equally respond, not any freq swing volume can be heard.
Loundness of L and R is equal as you hearing a mono headphone!
+ Because of above fr, clairity and balance tonal is at a level never ever archive before.

If you think eq-ing will destroy the sq, I agree in case best devices: daps, headphone...
E8 is not that case.

Screenshot_20191120-210510_SoundAlive.jpg Screenshot_20191120-210445_Adapt sound.jpg Screenshot_20191120-210549_Bang & Olufsen.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back