Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic
Jul 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DiscoBurger

100+ Head-Fier
I have searched and searched the forums and no one really has an answer to this. iPhone controls are a must for me, I am always on the go and I need to answer phone calls, change songs, and turn the volume up and down w.o taking my iPhone out of my pocket. I don't want to sacrifice quality to get said iPhone controls, but I may have to just a little bit, like I said though having these controls is essential for me to really enjoy any IEM. My taste in music is so eclectic it will probably be impossible to pick an IEM based solely on the bands I like. I will say that I have a preference towards headphones with a better low-end and a less "lean" sound...I turn my headphones up loud and I don't like them to be piercing, and I also love to hear the sweet rumble of some aggressive electronic music sometimes so anything that doesn't have a pair of bassy balls is a no go for me. I know very little about IEMs so I'm hoping people have some suggestions, thanks much. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
I have searched and searched the forums and no one really has an answer to this. iPhone controls are a must for me, I am always on the go and I need to answer phone calls, change songs, and turn the volume up and down w.o taking my iPhone out of my pocket. I don't want to sacrifice quality to get said iPhone controls, but I may have to just a little bit, like I said though having these controls is essential for me to really enjoy any IEM. My taste in music is so eclectic it will probably be impossible to pick an IEM based solely on the bands I like. I will say that I have a preference towards headphones with a better low-end and a less "lean" sound...I turn my headphones up loud and I don't like them to be piercing, and I also love to hear the sweet rumble of some aggressive electronic music sometimes so anything that doesn't have a pair of bassy balls is a no go for me. I know very little about IEMs so I'm hoping people have some suggestions, thanks much. 

Hm...  Some ideas:
  1. Aurisonics ASG-1 (1.2 revision) + UE remote and mic cables (ignore if you have an iPhone 4 or 4S)
  1. Atomic Floyd SuperDarts (Beware this is a deep V-shape)

Other ideas (I haven't heard these IEMs):
  1. Future Sonics Atrios (way under your price range)

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
What do you think about the shure se315 or se425s? They seem like a good option, but they only come with a 5.3 ft cable which makes me angry

I haven't heard either Shure model (nor have I read much about them).  You will have to buy the mic'd cable though if you go Shure (unless you get the limited edition Silver 535). I don't mean to make it seem like buying a cable is a bad thing, but it is a cost that needs to be taken into consideration. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 12
Ugh this is frustrating, does anybody know what the best possible IEM's that have a mic and iPhone controls? I don't mind spending like 350-500 I use them everyday all day it makes sense to have the best I can get...are there any custom IEMs that have iPhone controls?

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Ugh this is frustrating, does anybody know what the best possible IEM's that have a mic and iPhone controls? I don't mind spending like 350-500 I use them everyday all day it makes sense to have the best I can get...are there any custom IEMs that have iPhone controls?

Buy an IEM with a Westone connector and buy a mic'd cable (assuming you don't have a 4 or 4S).  Westone has found an echo effect in their mic'd cable with those two models of iPhone.  That's really the only way to get a custom with a mic.  Unless you can find a custom that uses a Shure connector.  I know there was another cable that used the Westone connector with a mic, it was 250 bucks though.  Saw it on UM's website.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
I have a 4s :frowning2:...that klipsch image x10i for 270 isn't looking too bad right about now

Whoa! Don't do that to yourself man. You can buy them direct from Dell for $190. Here:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A6224459&SMCID=703&CAWELAID=1464936841&dgc=SS&cid=27530&lid=627063

NVM, out of stock

Though, there's the Lou Reed Signature version for $230: http://www.amazon.com/Lou-Reed-X10i-Signature-Headphones/dp/B006JQT6KE/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343701619&sr=1-3&keywords=Klipsch+Image+X10i

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #11 of 12
good thing I almost impulse bought those 270 ones...I can't buy used stuff anymore after I had such a hard time with buying and repairing my Ultrasone pro900s twice--it was awesome that they were 300 and came with everything, but they have spent more time getting repair than I have spent using them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back