Best Amp/Dac under 200 for DT 990 Pro?
Dec 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
I am lost :frowning2:! So many models and brands...was planning on the e10 but people say it wont power very well the dt 990 pros...so how about http://www.ebay.com/itm/Musiland-Monitor-03-US-USB-sound-card-32bit-384KHz-/130562824962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e66269b02#ht_2440wt_1163 ? It's sample rate is...44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz !?

Thank you for your opinions and product reccomendations, thanks! I want one that preferably BOOSTS THE BASS WELL since the dt 990s are open and im a basshead, thanks!

It's for use with my computer!

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 6
my experience is a lot of stereo receivers have a good bass boost for headphones.
not all, but a lot that i've used.
and they should power your 990 pro 250s fine.
like a vintage marantz or pioneer or sansui.
although my experience with Yamahas is the opposite.  nice accurate clean but leaning more bright than bassy.

you could always go for a used matrix m-stage.  although its probably pretty flat.  which most true headphone amps i've used are pretty flat or at least attempting to be.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
my experience is a lot of stereo receivers have a good bass boost for headphones.
not all, but a lot that i've used.
and they should power your 990 pro 250s fine.
like a vintage marantz or pioneer or sansui.
although my experience with Yamahas is the opposite.  nice accurate clean but leaning more bright than bassy.

you could always go for a used matrix m-stage.  although its probably pretty flat.  which most true headphone amps i've used are pretty flat or at least attempting to be.

I have downstairs a reciever, both a pioneer and an onkyo, they both change the sound quite dramatically, especially the onkyo, it actually makes some sounds, sound artificial but u can feel the power coursing through the headphones! in this case the bose qc15, its soundstage is augmented, more bass, way more impact...and much more enjoyable, except for the sometimes "artifically" sound..

but do you have any reccomendations for one that acts as a DAC/amp at the same time? Since its for my PC...and i i dont have a sound card 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back