Best amp for ~$50?
Dec 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

TF2

Head-Fier
I am getting either a Zune 8gb or a Sansa View 8gb (can't decide) and some Audio Technica headphones and I am thinking maybe I should get a budget amp...for around $50. I don't know to much about amps other that they improve the quality of sound, but I did find the Fiio E5 for $20 and read that it's decent. I am willing to spend a little more, I just don't know any other amps or how good/cost they are. Should I get the Fiio E5 or something else for ~$50?

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 18
Well I dont think you should expect much from $50. If you bump it up towards $150ish then it would be better. It all depends if you are going portable or desktop amps. Desktop is better and i would highly reconmend the Little Dot I+.

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 18
maybe Travagans Colors for a portable amp. bravo is good for desktop

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 18
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps a great $50 amp.

Yeah, excuse me ^^; I meant to say a great amp for the money.

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 18
Hey guys, first real post. I've got a quick question as I'm a newbie here as well. After many hours of lurking this site I think I have an idea of where to start in terms of having a higher-end headphone setup. My budget isn't all that great right now but I can definitely expand upon it, anyway I've finally narrowed it down to:
Soundcard (Bitperfect digital coaxial) > ZERO DAC 2009 + OPA2604 with Moon > that Bravo Audio amp > headphones

Is the Bravo Audio amp better than the ZERO's internal amp? (ie: should I just hold off on getting the Bravo Audio amp until I buy a "real" amp?) Should I get a different DAC? ($200ish) Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, going with with the Gamma2 and an amp from the for sale forum.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 18
^^ Come on how can you say that without even hearing the darn amp ???

Its got a lot of positive reviews here.

A few years back you would have to shell out > $400 for a Tripple-fi. Now a week back they were selling for $99 !!! Good audio equipment is getting cheaper and cheaper. Plus since its a tube amp, you can even roll the stock tube to tweak the sound a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back