Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100
Dec 26, 2012 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AbbaTab

New Head-Fier
I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles!  As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.)  I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30.  Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 4
Some of the Sony MDR (dont remembrer the exact model i listened to) get tons of Bass at the price range you mentioned, was my lil brother choice for rnb / rap / dubstep etc.

However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back