Best brand of Headphones?
Oct 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if someone had knowledge on which brand of headphones were best for listening to all types of music. I listen to stuff like Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Porter Robinson, B.o.B., Wiz Khalifa, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada....literally everything

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW: which brand of headphones would give me really good bass ( like beats - exaggerated bass) but also has good acoustics and would be good for listening to the other genres, metal, etc.

SPECIFICATIONS:

-must be comfortable, I have a big head
-Must be between $100 and $300
-must have the sound I am looking for
-cant be obnoxiously bulky like SONY
-Circumaural ( over the ear) closed back
-Must be compatible with iPhone, iPod, and laptop

P.S. I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 439's, would buying a FIIO e11 amp and L9 LOD give me the bass and sound I want? Or should I look for new cans?

BRANDS IVE BEEN LOOKING AT:

- V-MODA
-DENON
-ULTRASONE

^^^^^^Which are the best?

RECAP: Exaggerated Bass. Comfortable. Over Ear, Closed Back. iPhone Compatible. Not Bulky/Ugly. Amp for existing Sennheisers? V-Moda vs. Denon vs. Ultrasone

Thankyou!

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 10
Maybe get the Digizoid ZO2. Its a amp that practically makes your headphones into subwoofers. Then when you want to listen to music with less bass unplug from the amp and into your source.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 10
Every brand have headphone that sucks, you have to compare particular models.
Not every sony are bulky.

You might change title.

Quote:
Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Porter Robinson, B.o.B., Wiz Khalifa, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada..

Metalcore, progressive house, classic rock, hip hop according to last.fm

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 10
Next time please don't make a new thread just because you're other one is not being replied to.

Just edit the original thread and/or wait for replies to come in, it's only been 20 minutes since you posted this http://www.head-fi.org/t/632579/v-moda-vs-ultrasone-hfi-780-vs-m-audio-q40

Thanks,

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Next time please don't make a new thread just because you're other one is not being replied to.

Just edit the original thread and/or wait for replies to come in, it's only been 20 minutes since you posted this http://www.head-fi.org/t/632579/v-moda-vs-ultrasone-hfi-780-vs-m-audio-q40

Thanks,

Next time please don't comment on my thread just because you have nothing else to do.

Just mind your own business and comment on other peoples threads, instead of annoying someone who is reposting something because he obviously needs a quick answer. http://narcissistsblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/*********.jpg

Thanks,

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #6 of 10
Nice attitude.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 10
Ultrasone HFI-580.  Great headphone for electronica and acoustic.  Though the more acoustic music like Dylan might sound a bit... lifeless?  Whatever it is it isn't quite as nice as my Sennheiser 598s. Overall the 580s are hella stylish as far as I'm concerned, and very durable.  

I've heard very nice things V-Moda though I've also heard that they don't isolate as well as people expect, but do come with an apple remote dongle.  Also very very durable and come with a nice case and removable cables if I recall correctly.  Can't vouch for the sound though. 

One more thing.  Posting multiple threads with the same intent and purpose is liable to get you ignored in the future.  Telling people to butt out is rude.  YOU posted the threads, and it is silly to expect someone to not reply. 

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Ultrasone HFI-580.  Great headphone for electronica and acoustic.  Though the more acoustic music like Dylan might sound a bit... lifeless?  Whatever it is it isn't quite as nice as my Sennheiser 598s. Overall the 580s are hella stylish as far as I'm concerned, and very durable.  

I've heard very nice things V-Moda though I've also heard that they don't isolate as well as people expect, but do come with an apple remote dongle.  Also very very durable and come with a nice case and removable cables if I recall correctly.  Can't vouch for the sound though. 

One more thing.  Posting multiple threads with the same intent and purpose is liable to get you ignored in the future.  Telling people to butt out is rude.  YOU posted the threads, and it is silly to expect someone to not reply. 

thanks for the input, and no i really needed an answer quickly. So i would appreciate if you would mind your own business and not be so concerned with mine. Also I am not posting multiple identical threads, they include the same items, but I am trying to get different information out of each post.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,

Next time please don't comment on my thread just because you have nothing else to do.

Just mind your own business and comment on other peoples threads, instead of annoying someone who is reposting something because he obviously needs a quick answer. http://narcissistsblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/*********.jpg

Thanks,

Please start only ONE thread with your question. We get 2-3000 posts a day and many dozens of people signing up. If everyone filled the forums with new threads as you have done, our forum would be un-readable. Consider that you are not the only person here who wishes to be helped upon joining. As well, when you start a new thread, people aren't aware of the discussion you've had in other threads, which would help them give you advice, knowing what you've already considered.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back