best budget DAC for around $50
Nov 21, 2013 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xyyz

New Head-Fier
since i'm spending more and more time with at the comp, i'm looking to purchase a portable DAC that i can tote around and drop in when i want to listen to my Spotify lists.

i have a budget of $50, and i will use the DAC in tandem with a CMOY to drive a set of ADH700s, HD280s, and, on occasion, a set of TripleFi 10s.

i prefer a device that doesn't have any amplification.  that'll all be handled by the CMOY.  so what i need is a super clean signal, so when i crank up the volume i wont get a hiss or any other annoying artifacts.

i know the field is really slim, but i've gathered a list of a few DACs and i wanted to get some input to which one i should purchase.  please feel free to add to the list, but please keep the $50 budget in mind.

beringer UCA202 (not sure if this will only allow you to monitor input though, if that's the case, then this is obviously off the table_
siig soundwave 7.1 pro
asus xonar u3
syba SD-DAC63057 (know very little about this device)
turtle beach audio advantage micro

i really don't want a lot of overhead with drivers and software packages.  i simply want something that i can plug in and will work and do what i want it to do.

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back