Best cables for new WA3 (please help)
Apr 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nightfury

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Looking to take my music listening to the next level but I need your help.

I have just purchased beyer Dt 990 600ohm headphone and Woo Audio 3 amp.

I understand the amp does not come with the necessary cables (power or audio) and I thought who better to ask about what the best fit is than you fine people. I will be using my computer's sound card HT Omega Claro +, so I will need an audio cable that splits L and R, correct? Which one is a good choice for the WA3? Also, the amp has no power cable as well, will any do or is there a specifically good match for it? (I live in the US)

Thank you for the advice and excuse my lack of knowledge in these areas, I am, all things considered, a noob to these things.

I come from using ATH-A900 headphones if you are curious, which arent bad, by they are old and breaking and thus are not comfortable anymore.

Also, this is probably not the place for this, but what the hell. I understand that if I want to "tube roll" that a great choice for my setup would be a tung-sol 5998, and sylvania 7236 (x2). Do you guys agree? If so, any advice on how to find this elusive 5998. I have searched ebay and google and for when I actually found one available the prices seemed unreasonable. I saw the 7236s on the woo website, so that good that I dont have to track those down. I hear the stock WA3 tubes are pretty decent, and as I dont know what I would be missing with the tubes previously mentioned, its not a very high priority, but rather a curiosity. I dont even know the first thing about "tube rolling", is there a good guide anyone could recommend?

Again, thank you in advance for your good advice

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
http://www.monoprice.com/
Buy what you need from here.  Anything more expensive and I feel you'd be wasting money.

+1

Monoprice is great. If you REALLY want to spend more for a limited difference in build quality - either DIY, or order from Blue Jeans Cables. You need a 3.5mm stereo mini (mini trs) with a y-split to 2x phono connectors.   

Power cable you can also get from Markertek. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Those were both audio cables, but that is the type you want, yes. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Looks good... that is the correct IEC connector for the WA3. You should be all set. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back