Best computer speakers for music?
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for some great sounding computer speakers to play FLAC music VIA foobar 2k. My source is my headphone DAC/AMP (Schiit Modi 2/Magni 2). I've been limited to headphones for closed headphones (ZMF Eikon) the last couple of years living in a small apartment with my wife, but we're moving to a larger place so it's time to get back into my speakers again.

What are the recommendations these days? I used to have a Rokit RP6 and RP8S before I moved countries which sounded nice, but looking for something a bit more musical this time around. I listen to mostly post-rock (Sigur Ros, This Will Destroy You etc), hip-hop, rock, folk and metal.

Hoping to stay under $600 for the set if possible.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 6
I would say to check out Craigslist, might find a good deal on used.

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 6
My situation is opposite yours...I went from a house to an urban condo, so I listen in headphones now. When I lived in the house, I listened with Genelec 8030. It is a studio type monitor that is mostly used for mixing, but it was a fantastic computer speaker setup. It was about $600 for a pair.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 6
If you have a guitar center near you they may have a bunch of studio monitors available to audition.

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Hi Heavyd.

Nice choice on the Genelecs.

Due to space constraints, I have the 8010s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back