Best dac/amp for under 60 dollars. im a noobie
Aug 11, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #16 of 19
Very valid observation. However, not everyone has the cash to invest in a flagship model up front so they buy different gear over time as the funds allow or as the desire for more
Gear strengthens. Still lots of fun to mix and match your different pieces of gear though, I do it all the time. I try to play with all my audio toys, that way, I appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of each particular piece of gear. I do agree that it is defiantly a hobby of diminishing returns once a certain financial threshold has been crossed.

Music alchemy in action. Experiment with wacky combinations and you'll be a full-fledged music alchemist in no time!
beerchug.gif

But man, is this an expensive hobby...especially for those like me who may never be fully satisfied, despite enjoying the heck outta music.

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #17 of 19

I've actually found the opposite to be true. after you hit that $200-500 window for all your gear, it's all ridiculous diminishing returns. but then, i think it is really hilarious that there are some people around here on a budget who end up buying so many different budget tier equipment looking for their sound that it ends up being $1000+ or something ridiculous. might as well just invest in a luxury flagship at that point and forget it.

This is probably true. I'll know for sure once my Burson comes in. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

All I know is I've heard a $6,000 speaker setup and I've been chasing the high ever since. Granted, speakers are another realm. 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back