Best DAPs to consider in 2022?
Mar 3, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #31 of 37
Hi folks. I have two primary demands of a DAP:
- reliable bluetooth connection
- ability to process 80,000 plus songs seamlessly

I have been using:
- a Fiio x5iii for a few years and it is ok on the first but not so good on the second - there is a long lag and it is very clunky
- aAK Sr15 for a couple of years - ditto. Ok on bluetooth but poor on the processing

I have just trialled an iBasso DX240 which performs brilliantly on the second but has a serious issue on the first which is that whenever I reconnect it to a bluetooth device (Sony soundbar, Bowers and Wilkins headphones or Sony in ear phones) it starts at a deafening sound level. when I then move the volume knob w slightly the volume drops back to the preset level. Really frustrating because it is a lovely device and it handles the volume of songs beautifully but I cannot possibly use it with that bluetooth glitch. Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem and/or on an alternative DAP to trial?

Any help much appreciated.
Hi folks. I have two primary demands of a DAP:
- reliable bluetooth connection
- ability to process 80,000 plus songs seamlessly

I have been using:
- a Fiio x5iii for a few years and it is ok on the first but not so good on the second - there is a long lag and it is very clunky
- aAK Sr15 for a couple of years - ditto. Ok on bluetooth but poor on the processing

I have just trialled an iBasso DX240 which performs brilliantly on the second but has a serious issue on the first which is that whenever I reconnect it to a bluetooth device (Sony soundbar, Bowers and Wilkins headphones or Sony in ear phones) it starts at a deafening sound level. when I then move the volume knob w slightly the volume drops back to the preset level. Really frustrating because it is a lovely device and it handles the volume of songs beautifully but I cannot possibly use it with that bluetooth glitch. Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem and/or on an alternative DAP to trial?

Any help much appreciated.
Look into the recent FiiO DAPs, particularly the M11 pro. I recently purchased the M11 (gently used) from a fellow ‘fi-er & it is a solid hi-res DAP that is very capable & user-friendly in ways the older models are not. Hope this helps!

Mar 4, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #33 of 37
Look into the recent FiiO DAPs, particularly the M11 pro. I recently purchased the M11 (gently used) from a fellow ‘fi-er & it is a solid hi-res DAP that is very capable & user-friendly in ways the older models are not. Hope this helps!
Thanks. I have another DX240 from iBasso to trial and if that doesn't work then it's going to be the Fiio M11 and just hope you're right that its user-friendliness has improved significantly since the X5iii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back