best durable, a tiny bit bassy than neutral portable headphones under $150
Feb 19, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #16 of 26
  IMO Momentums are pretty warm/dark. Not neutral.

Depends what other gear you're coming from really and where you use them.
At home, they sound dark.
Outdoors when you crank them up and your bass perception decreases in noisy environments, they sound much more neutral.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #17 of 26
:confused:

$350 [COLOR=222426]≠ $150[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222426]How about Onkyo ES-HF300?[/COLOR]

Sorry. I was answering his first post. Where he had yet to set a budget.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #19 of 26
Feb 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #21 of 26
ATM 50s are not comfortable. And IMO Momentums aren't over ear enough to be comfortable if you only want over ears.

That's why Momentum 2.0, which is larger than the original Momentum was suggested.

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #22 of 26
Indeed. I've got fairly big ears, and the M2 goes completely around them. The 1st Gen were smaller, from what I understand.

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #23 of 26
I think of the Momentums as quite neutral, not on a studio level, but acceptable as an average customer "neutral" headphones. I dont like their sound, I think of them as neutral and I dont like neutral headphones, but I have to say they are a great product, if I liked a neutral sound I would have bought them instead of the Fidelio X2s I recently bought (I also wanted to try open cans). I think they are what you are asking sound, pretty neutral, and a little bit bassy. Plus, if you dont like the sound, you can do some arrangements with an equalizer. I think they put a little bit of pressure on your skull, but its not that bad, its acceptable, in my opinion. Get the M2s used or open box, I think youll like them.

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #24 of 26
Thanks for all the recommendations 

My question is, will sennheiser repair the m2 like v moda when it runs out of warranty? If the plastic cups Crack what do I do? If the drivers die on me what do I do? Do I have to ship them all way to Germany to get them repaired? Aren't there are branches in South East Asia which can repair them? 
Have a lovely day you now. 

And stay frosty, 

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #25 of 26
  My question is, will sennheiser repair the m2 like v moda when it runs out of warranty? If the plastic cups Crack what do I do? If the drivers die on me what do I do? Do I have to ship them all way to Germany to get them repaired? Aren't there are branches in South East Asia which can repair them? 
Have a lovely day you now. 

And stay frosty, 

Sennheiser are well known for stocking spare parts for several decades after producing a headphone. Repairs shouldn't be a problem for the forseeable fufure. 
If the plastic cups break... well... then I guess you need to find a better outlet for aggression? Those cups are tough.

No idea about South East Asia, but a big company like Sennheiser should have authorized repair services globally... but that's just a guess.

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #26 of 26
Can recommend the M50x's as well. Trick I did is put cotton balls or gauze under the earpads to make the cup deeper which significantly helped the comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back