Best earbuds for ipod nano 6th gen , yuins/senns/cm700/A8
Jun 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Turk182

New Head-Fier
Hi guys/gals ,

Awesome forum here filled with good info , been reading up on earbuds and would like some advice from all the good people here.

Upgraded my stock sony basic £17 headphones to a pair of audio-technica ec7's at the start of the year and was blown away by the sound clarity they produced - a little lacking in bass tho - anyway one earbud stopped working after 5 months of use , trying to get that fixed , purchased from www.hifiheadphones.co.uk £60 in the january sales , emailed them few days back no response as yet.

I needed replacements and went to my local apple store saw 'atomic floyds' airjax on a whim, basically they looked cool and were expensive so assumed they would be amazing
Retail £155 which i paid , when i got home realised i could have got them for £90 on the internet, never buying anything again from apple store. Found the sound quality very good ,mids and highs v. Good but very little bass. Not quite as good as the ec7's.

Now i am looking for the best i can get earbuds to couple with my ipad but mainly ipod
Nano 6th gen - i listen to music 3/4 hours a day 5 days a week mainly rock , pop and house electronica. These have to be earbuds.
And not iems or ear canals or hybrids just true earbuds ,

YUIN pk1,2,3's , have read here the pk1 's need amp or too quiet and others say no need for amp on ipod classic , another saying the pk3's are better than pk2's - confused

audio technica's CM700 Look good but concerned about lack of bass

Sennhieser MX980 ,
bang olufsen A8's < read the drivers same as ec700's but different housing

What would you buy to go with ipod nano 6th gen?
Ideally Looking for some quality bass response and depth
Without loss of clarity of mids and highs

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 2
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/531063/earbud-guide-12-earbuds-compared

Check out this thread.  He says that the MX980s sound very, very nice but are extremely uncomfortable, and most agree - most say that you can't really use them on the go due to the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back