Best headphones for my needs?
Dec 17, 2018 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SRCP

New Head-Fier
My budget is $350. I would use them for gaming, music and movies. For gaming, I don't care about mic or how good it is for "competitve" gaming, like online FPS. I do play those, but I don't care about headphones being particularly good for them. So I guess the most important thing is just audio quality. I would use them on my daily commute a lot as well, which is loud buses and trains, so if there are two of similar quality but one performs better under those conditions, I'd rather get those. But the bulk of the use is in an office or at home so that's not a priority.

Thanks

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 7
51E1E3CB-8349-43C0-994A-D9A91965D385.jpeg

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, since you mentioned commuting, I'd opt for the Denon ah-mm400 over the 600s. The 600s are rather large to travel and be out and about with imo. My two favorite closed back, public friendly cans are the Denon ah-mm400 and Beoplay H6. If audio quality is of the most importance, these should satisfy. Both have a relatively balanced sound with ever so slightly elevated low end. Smooth, musical, enjoyable, and very pleasing.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #6 of 7
Hello.
I would choose wireless headphones from Sony or Sennheiser. Both these brands have qualitative sound, plus ergonomically sound design should be enough to meet your requirements. I have personally been using Sony. It is the most reliable brand I've ever tried. Never made me disappointed and the quality is outrageous.
https://www.bestadvisor.com/wireless-headphones
The final decision is up to you. Hope you would be satisfied with the choice.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Audio Technica ath-msr7 perhaps? great for gaming and very portable. I don't know what kind of sound signature you like best, as they might be too bright sounding for you. They do have good/accurate bass, it's just that they are extremely clear and detailed in the high frequencies. In my experience they where great for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back