Best Headphones for Rap Music Under £120?
Dec 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

purplesw4g

New Head-Fier
Please could someone suggest the best headphones for rap music under £120? I listen to Kanye West, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar and Big Sean, so basically recent rap music. I also listen to a bit of pop music, pop-punk like Blink-182 and pop-rock music like Maroon 5 here and there. I will be hugely greatful if anyone could help.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 4
I am making an assumption: as your budget sounds closer to the 'beats' everyone is walking around with trying to look cool - I am definitely not a fan.

If you want to wear them around and use with an ipod etc. give Panasonic RP-HTX7 a shot for around 30 notes on Amazon - retro-look and sound good after a fair bit of burn-in period + can be modded to make them even better; they are ok on isolation, good bass - shaky on the mid-range. You might be able to check-out a pair in Urban Outfitters. I am using them a lot now, as they have opened up over a period of time and sound completely different to when I first bought them - very pleasantly surprised with this pair! My Grado SR-60 are now connected to my e-drumkit.

I am always on the hunt for good-inexpensive-moddable phones and read some threads here talking about Creative Aurvana - not been able to test them so can't tell. As for the choices closer to your budget - I am sure some of the knoweledgable folks here will help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back