Best Headphones under $100?
May 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jorich

New Head-Fier
Hey all, so I am on a pretty tight budget. I don't like having to limit myself to such a low price right now, but im gonna have to do with what I got. I have some earphones right now and I would really like to get a pair of circumaural headphones. In ears tend to irritate my ears after listening for a while so I would really like some bigger ones. I am not a fan of on ears so I would really like to stick with around ears. But I dont care if people around me can hear what I am listening to or not, and noise cancelling isnt a problem either. So they can either be open or closed, it doesn't make a difference to me. I want something that is going to play all of the ranges relatively well. I listen to rap songs and stuff with bass but I also have a lot of songs on my ipod that have just female vocals and the piano, so there is no bass at all. So I want a headphones that gives me a good soundstage (which would probably be an open) but I really want a headphone where I can tell the bass is there (like a closed). I don't want the bass to be real boomy but I like to be able to tell that it is there. I have been to Best Buy and I really like the Bose AE2 but they are just a bit too much for me. I could hear the mids and highs pretty well and I could feel the bass as well. It wasnt boomy like some headphones but I could tell it was there. The only way I can think of to describe the bass was kind of "smooth". Not sure if you can tell what I mean but I kind of felt the same thing with the Skullcandy Aviators when I tried them on a really long time ago. The aviators had a lot more bass if I remember right though. I have been searching around a lot and have found the Sony MDR-XB500 but from what I have heard they are all bass and just completely crap on the mids and highs. Also when I was at Best Buy I tried on a pair of Sennheisers which were probably the most comfortable headphones I have tried on but I didn't like the sound of them. It felt like there was no bass at all. That was just a quick demo so I might try them again sometime and really listen harder, but from that quick experience I wasn't really impressed. If you guys could give me some imput and some headphone ideas that would be really great and I would really appreciate it. Thanks again in advance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back