Best Hi-Fi headphone for bass heavy music
Jun 27, 2023 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Freubel Gorsey

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been lurking for some time. Currently I own a Audeze MX4 which is connected to a Burson Conductor V2+. I'm enjoying the setup, but I'm looking for something with more slam in the bass department. Preferably out of the gate without

Budget would be 5k USD max, but there is one caveat. The headphones need to be somewhat aesthetic. I know Abyss headphones for example have great bass but I don't really like the look of them. Design is completely subjective, but I'm looking for something a bit more subtle. Furthermore, I'd prefer open over closed headphones.

Any suggestions?

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 5
Meze Elite hits nicely, also CA-1A has some decent bass, both tough are not your public transport hp:s
Abyss Diana V2 is nice looking but sounds thin To my ears.
Maybe also consider Zmf headphones, those often are regarded as slamming, and also look good.

I like edm, both elite and ca delivers on those deep bass trance tracks.

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 5
The Audeze LCD2 has great bass.

Jun 27, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been lurking for some time. Currently I own a Audeze MX4 which is connected to a Burson Conductor V2+. I'm enjoying the setup, but I'm looking for something with more slam in the bass department. Preferably out of the gate without

Budget would be 5k USD max, but there is one caveat. The headphones need to be somewhat aesthetic. I know Abyss headphones for example have great bass but I don't really like the look of them. Design is completely subjective, but I'm looking for something a bit more subtle. Furthermore, I'd prefer open over closed headphones.

Any suggestions?
As you might already know, you'll typically get bigger bass out of a closed back headphone rather than an open back. There are some open backs that have very satisfying bass though. ZMF has the Verite open as well as the Atrium open, both of which have nice bass, but I'm not sure how well they would pair up with your amp. Typically ZMFs pair up nicely with amps that have a high output impedance, like an OTL amp.

ZMF has shops across Europe that carry their headphones, so depending upon where you live you might be able to listen prior to buying.

Another open back with big bass is the Philips Fidelio X1, which is discontinued and can be found used for very little money. It's not an end game headphone, but the bass is real.

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 5

Any suggestions?
Fostex TH-900

Users who are viewing this thread

Back