Best IEMS in my budget?
Jun 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

milk

100+ Head-Fier
Haha, hey guys! Well I may have finished my time with headphones :/ I loved them very much and got a nice collection but they seemed a bit too bulky nowadays for how much i want to use them in public now haha! So after researching a lot i hear IEMS can deliver up to par or surpass the quality and be ultra portable Which is just awesome! :) My budget is like 200-225 BUT I will be buying them used on amazon or ebay (so the MSRP can be a lot higher because i really deal hunt hehe)

As for the genres i listen to i like: Indie, indie rock/pop, alternative, rock, some rap and hip hop, techno/electronica/dubstep, reggae, classical, and folk/blue grass. Very big list i know but i would say the first 5-6 genres listed are the most important because i listen to bands like Phoenix, red hot chili peppers, sublime, muse, and many others. Which one would be most recommended to have a nice smooth warm sound with a very thick note to add weight and quality to male vocals, and some decent to great soundstage.

I've been looking at a lot but cant find many for sale so far what I have actually found on sale that seem alright are: Shure se530, Monster turbine pro copper or miles davis, Sony mdr ex600, Vsonic Gr07, Sennheiser IE80, JVC HA-FX700, and Hifiman RE 262 or RE400 just to name some, haha. I own the Meelectornics a161p and they are alright but have a very soft sound with not the full thickness I am looking for! Hopefully i showed you guys which track im on and i really hope you guys can help me pick one or recommend me some good ones! Thanks so much guys! :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 3
For your need 'a nice smooth warm sound with a very thick note to add weight and quality to male vocals, and some decent to great soundstage', I would choose the Sony EX600 if I were you. This can is fantastic in almost every genres, and I think it is one of the best all-round sounding IEM in your budget :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea, ive heard great things on it! :) though i hear its airy and has a little too much airiness making it kind of thin on not too full bodied but ill have to do more research! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back