Best in-ear for vocal and acoustic experience ($1500 or less)
May 23, 2020 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DarkWhiteCrow

New Head-Fier
Please, can you help me? I am looking for best in-ear headphones with warm, fleshy sound, good soundstage and imaging for acoustic music and female vocals, I just want to feel singer next to me, I dont care about price, if they worth it :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Please, can you help me? I am looking for best in-ear headphones with warm, fleshy sound, good soundstage and imaging for acoustic music and female vocals, I just want to feel singer next to me, I dont care about price, if they worth it :)
It’s an older IEM, bit I really like the Shure se846 for vocals and guitars. It definitely is a midrange focused IEM, with good sub bass, but rolled off highs. There‘s minimal response above 10KHz. There are a bunch of options for tips, and they come with 3 differently tuned filters. If buying new, I would recommend waiting for a deal of $750 or less.

May 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Maybe look at the Sony IER-M9.
It is considered one of the top options for a warm-neutral IEMs, and should do everything very well, I am just not that sure about the female vocals. Usually IEMs with a bit more upper mid focus are considered top performers for female vocals, but they then usually miss the warmth and body you are looking for. I am still waiting for my M9s to arrive so please seek other opinions, but I think this could be very interesting for you. Only way I know how to buy them in the EU is through Accessory Jack online, but they can state a lower value for the customs to reduce importation cost.

For intimate female vocals I really like my modded JVC FD02, a relatively cheap IEM you can buy from Amazon.jp (need to register).
With a good cable and simple mod, they sound very smooth, have treble like liquid glass and create a very emotional and musical impression.
”A monster like me” on Tidal brought tears to my eyes sometimes.
I love these, and use them a lot next to my more expensive IEMs.

But with a budget of 1500 you have a lot of options, wait for more tips from the community!

May 30, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you very much guys for your answers, I wish I could try JVC FD02, I didnt find reviews for them, Shure SE846 are only headphones from recommendations I can try in my country, I will give them try, but Sony IER-M9 looks like best buy for me

May 30, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you very much guys for your answers, I wish I could try JVC FD02, I didnt find reviews for them, Shure SE846 are only headphones from recommendations I can try in my country, I will give them try, but Sony IER-M9 looks like best buy for me
I doubt that you can go wrong with either the se846 or the M9. The M9 is a lot newer though. Actually, for a very inexpensive vocal centric IEM, get the Tin T2, for around $35. I still really like it. The Etymotics are other options that are good with vocals, though not necessarily in your face vocals,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back