best in-ear on the market ?
Sep 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 21
you should get the top of the line sony's

called the Sony MDR-EX1000

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 21
Spiral ear 5 way or UERM.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 21
The highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, Westone ES5, UM Miracle are supperior in term of sound quality compared to any universal IEMs like Westone 4, Sony EX1000. I will highely recommend the above custom IEMs for there amazing sound quality.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 21

Quote:
The highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro, JH16Pro, Westone ES5, UM Miracle are supperior in term of sound quality compared to any universal IEMs like Westone 4, Sony EX1000. I will highely recommend the above custom IEMs for there amazing sound quality.

sorry what about ue18 ? would you recommend that over the jh16 ?

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 21
Refer to the links in my signature my friend. You're more than likely to find all the information you'd need to answer most (if not all) of your questions. The word 'best' is far too subjective, and can only be truly judged by the listeners ears. All the best! 
smile.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #11 of 21
If the jh are good, it's also partially due marketing (many users to give positive opinion) there are many others out there that are equally good if not better.
Here my theory:
If rival custom companies that are not as famous, yet dare to price their custom much, much higher than the jh16, Westone es5... It must mean something.
expensive material
Location, labour cost

Or

3. They offer something vastly superior

I like to think the answer is 3 makes the most sense.

Because if they charge ridiculous prices due to 1 n 2, consumers are unlikely to buy and the manufacturers will eventually close down

Base on that reasoning, you might want to consider spiral se5 way (reviewed by average_joe) or Compact Monitor Stage 4 (no reviews on head-fi, but it could be a "hidden dragon")

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #13 of 21
I don't think you should look for the best, but the best for you.  What sound signature do you want/like (and what are you currently using), what music do you listen to, what source do you use, and what is your budget.  To determine what is truly the best for you will usually require a good amount of reading and trying various IEMs...

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #14 of 21
It all depends on what you want. Some would say the Etymotic ER4S are the best universal IEM on the market (and I would agree), but you might think it doesn't have enough bass and you won't like it.
So tell us some more about what you're looking for in the sound, your music tastes, etc.

Oh and the amount of drivers says NOTHING of the sound quality. It's just another marketing gimmick IMO. Ofcourse, a Westone 3 most likely sounds better than a Westone 1, but that's not BECAUSE it has only 1 driver, but because it's meant for a lower price market and they don't want it to eat the sales from the Westone 3 by sounding too good for the price.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
Oh and the amount of drivers says NOTHING of the sound quality. It's just another marketing gimmick IMO. Ofcourse, a Westone 3 most likely sounds better than a Westone 1, but that's not BECAUSE it has only 1 driver, but because it's meant for a lower price market and they don't want it to eat the sales from the Westone 3 by sounding too good for the price.

I disagree, at least in the world of custom IEMs.  There is much more to it than just driver count, but with my limited sample size the number of drivers does matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back