Best Jogging Headphones with Remote
Apr 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ecosse_011172

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for a replacement for my Sennheiser PMX 70 Sport neckband earphones which are ok but lack the iPhone remote control which I need.

I've been looking at Sennheiser PMX 680i Sports but they have very mixed reviews, some user finding the remote pretty hopeless and the earphones themselves umcomfortable.

Are there any other options that would be suitable?

Thanks in advance,
Denis

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 5
If you like neckband headphones for running I'd definitely go with the Sennheiser PMX680i.  I own the PMX 680 (without the i) and they rock.

You could also check out some other neckband sports headphones here: http://www.workoutheadphones.org/category/neckband-headphones/

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 5
I bought the PMX 680 also without the i a few weeks back but had not had the chance to use them yet until today.  I am traveling right now and finished up early today so I had a chance to get out to the track.  The humidity today was 92 percent....not really hot but VERY humid.  I weigh about 195 pounds so my head might be a little bigger than a hard core runner. 

I had tried these a few times around the house just to see how they are supposed to be worn and how they sound.  So, today was the test.  I have to say, after my first 2 mile run with these....I'm quite impressed!!  I honestly did not think they would stay in place.  I have tried a few behind the neck headphones for working out before and all of them have slipped and fallen backwards during my run.  These Senns did not budge....not even the tiniest bit!!  And that was running in a very humid environment which cause a great deal of sweat.  Certainly more than running in 75 degrees would cause me to back home.  One of the ways that help keep these headphones secure is all the tiny little raised bumps on the piece that goes almost to your temples.  Sounds strange.  Once I get a chance I can try to post some close up pics to see what I'm talking about.  Now, I never get overly pumped too early....these will need to stand the test of time.  They are going to have to go through many workouts to make sure that the system that keeps them secure does not wear down or disappear due to sweat.  The sound was also so much better than I expected.  I use them with my ipod nano 6G.  I did turn on the bass in the equalizer setting and they really supassed my expectations when it came to sound.  Still very crisp with solid mids.  The extra bass bump was needed.  It didn't make them thump by any means but added a nice low end edge.  I also should mention that these things litterally weigh nothing!  I had forgot all about them while I was running and then forgot to even check if they had slipped until I was half way through my cool down walk.  Needless to say, if these things hold up, I will be so thrilled with this purchase!! 

I also use the Sennheiser MX 680 when I do DVD workouts or situps and pushups.  The fins work GREAT for me anyway...and they are pretty big sounding for an earbud.  I have also used the Yurbuds for over a year.  I like them alot....sound is ok...not great, but they stay in place better than anything I have tried in a workout headphone.  My issue with Yurbuds is on a longer workout my ears start to get irritated.  So they do eventually become uncomfortable.  My favorite sounding running headphone is the Jaybird Sportsband bluetooth headphones.  My issue with these headphones is that the sound cuts in and out pretty often during a run.  Probably due to the source moving in and out of line of site and outdoor interference.  But they sound great.

I will try to get some pictures of the PMX 680 so that I can show what I was trying to explain. '

Edit:  Thought I should mention, that I did NOT try to wash them under the water either.  I was sweaty, but not dirty!  lol.  Perhaps as they get older I will give the water proof feature a test. 

Didn't even notice that this thread is in the full size forum.  This should be moved to the correct location. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back