Best MP3 Player?
Dec 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ibmethatswhoib

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I wanted to get a good MP3 player on Amazon.   What do think is the best under $300.  I like the ipod classic 160gb 7th generation but I don't know much about mp3 players.  What would you guys suggest, does that seem like the best for it's price? I have a decent amount of music so would like something with a fairly big hard drive.

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 11
The Classic is pretty much your only choice with that much storage.

Also, depending on your headphone you may need a amp, I recommend the E17 for the iPod with a Line out to 3.5mm adapter.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 11
Why not the Fiio X3? Build Quality seems to be at least on Par with Apple devices, and technicaly it seems to have a VERY great DAC, and a very powerfull Amp on board. It shall also easy compete with 600-800$ mp3 players. Also sd-card useable. Not to mention the very low Output Impendance for IEMs
Would definately look into this one :)
If you are looking into 180gb+, its abit difficult to go around the ipod classic.

What headphones you wanna use?

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 11
  Why not the Fiio X3? Build Quality seems to be at least on Par with Apple devices, and technicaly it seems to have a VERY great DAC, and a very powerfull Amp on board. It shall also easy compete with 600-800$ mp3 players. Also sd-card useable. Not to mention the very low Output Impendance for IEMs
Would definately look into this one :)
If you are looking into 180gb+, its abit difficult to go around the ipod classic.

What headphones you wanna use?

I actually thought of that, but the maximum storage is ~70gb with a 64gb SD card.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 11
Fiio X3 and big memory card

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 11
What does mp3 player has to do with Computer Audio, when there is a Portable Source Gear section,
Moderators, 
Is this forum Dead?

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #8 of 11
I would go with a Sansa Clip Zip, Rockbox and a 64gb microSD card, or the FiiO X3 and the 64gb microSD card.  Depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

The Clip Zip is more affordable, the X3 has very good sound quality.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #9 of 11
Depends on your headphones.

I have the X3 and the Classic. Overall I prefer the classic because of the storage space and more neutral sound.
X3 pairs well with brighter headphones, as it is lush and warm but the amp is more powerful.

May 23, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 11
I left my IPod 5th gen with Rockbox(and EQ) for a Sansa ClipZip with Rockbx(and EQ). once I got past the "what??!!!, you're telling me something this tiny and inexpensive can compete with my beloved Apple product?!!!" phase and tried the Sansa... I was BLOWN AWAY!! i realize it makes me the "Anti Christ" but I prefer my music EQ'd and "enhanced" to MY liking. IPod couldn't handle it without randomly cutting songs off in mid-play. With the very same settings the Sansa ClipZip sounds better and has not cut off one single song since I've had it...so sorry Apple

May 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #11 of 11
Depends on your headphones.

I have the X3 and the Classic. Overall I prefer the classic because of the storage space and more neutral sound.
X3 pairs well with brighter headphones, as it is lush and warm but the amp is more powerful.

X3 is flat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back